Hw

bryanhu2

I take it you are looking for a spring powered gun , in which case you need to decide if you want a break barrel or a under lever.

Then you need to decide what you want the gun for target shooting or hunting , after that what do you prefer a heavy gun or a lighter one ?

That will help you find the most suitable for your needs , all the HW guns are very capable , not had a Diana for years so cannot really comment other than to say if I am correct they include some plastic parts , which is never a good thing in my book.

I personally shoot a tuned HW97 KT not a light gun but extremely smooth and accurate.

Thanks for the info I have seen a HW 97 for about 200 with a sight is that a good offer, and can they be tuned for more power as you can see I am clueless with air rifles and more interested in hunting with it

They are a full legal limit gun so do not need tuning for power , you tune to get a smoother and therefore more accurate gun .

If its in good nick then £200 is a good price.

Thanks for the info I have seen a HW 97 for about 200 with a sight is that a good offer, and can they be tuned for more power as you can see I am clueless with air rifles

The legal power limit in the UK is 12 fpe, so this is the maximum that you can have without a FAC. Most air rifles can be tuned to be smoother in operation, but that is a whole different thing.

A HW97 for £200 is a good buy, on the face of it, but as with anything else second hand, it's a case of buyer-beware. If you get a chance, try and meet as many air gunners as possible - in a club, for example. Most of them will be more than happy to let you try their rifles, and the more you can try, the better idea you'll have of what each one has to offer.

the HW 97 is an excellent rifle and even better if you get it tuned at Sandwell field sports,, very accurate rifle but the thing I,d like to point out is

forget about power,, as long as the rifle is producing 10.5 ftlb minimum and no more than 11.5ftlb then it will be excellent for hunting with,

accuracy is more important than power so my advice is practice practice , practice and you will soon be able to hunt,, make sure you have permission to shoot the land you are on and most importantly think safety first at all times because you never know who is on the other side of the bush

enjoy the sport but believe me there is more to air rifle hunting than just pointing the gun,,one of the hardest things to learn is field craft

Thanks for the info I have seen a HW 97 for about 200 with a sight is that a good offer, and can they be tuned for more power as you can see I am clueless with air rifles and more interested in hunting with it

As long as you can see the rifle, get your hands on it, try firing it and it exists go for it. The HW97 is a great gun! I have a mk 1 77 (same gun different stock) in my collection. After 20 odd years of abuse by previous owner(s) I treated it to a tuning kit and refined it so virtually no recoil, very low noise and that silky sublime Rekord trigger.

Even if you had to have a kit fitted to get it to perform right that is a great price.

If that price is for a gun someone is going to post to you, forget it, that is a scam!