Pick up rear storage

Sean Richo

Recently bought a hilux pick up and am looking for some storage solutions. A rear canopy is out of the question due to them being silly money cheapest I found was an ifor williams alluminium one but still around £600 with the Vat. Alternatively I have found a large alluminium tool chest on e bay for £150 so thinking of getting two of them and bolting them down length ways. I won't be carrying much apart from some decoys and guns shooting equipment etc it's not a works vehicle so only carrying shopping of a weekend so I think these two boxes should be enough anybody else use these for carrying gear about in their pick ups? Any other ideas welcome

Watching with interest. Recently bought Hilux which was a pile of s.... But it did have a truckman top which leaked like a sieve and meant i could not use the pick up function so well. Swapped for newer hilux which comes thurs and it has a roll over load liner so not so good for so good for tonneau (but you can get them). Mate says he uses simple canvas cover but his older hilux has tie down hooks. I was thinking of large plastic garden chest but it looks just like that :unhappy: Security is not so crucial for me asit wont ne left alone with stuff in it.

• 2 weeks later...