Clay grounds/clubs around Wolverhampton/Birmingham

inderraj

Hi all,

Been shooting at Millride for a while now, and whilst it is a great family place to shoot, i want to try and find alternate spots to shoot as well, to help vary the shoots up.

Does anyone know of any clay clubs/grounds around Wolverhampton/Birmingham?

many thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

WMSG at Hodnet will be switching to summer season hours in April For its Tues open practice. 3 pm to 5 pm pre bookable skeet and compak then after 5 just turn up and shoot for skeet and sporting.

Doveridge is another good ground to go to, if you don't mind a bit of traveling there's Fauxdegla and Mickley Hall both excellent grounds.

Has Millride ground improved not been for years as it was getting to be a bit run down.

Edited by BerettaSV10

Started going a couple of months back - usually on a Friday morning. Apparently it has had a face-lift, but I cannot comment as I don't know how good/bad it was before.

Not keen on the sporting there, Kinver is a hard layout to beat IMHO, but usually have 3 or 4 rounds of skeet to sharpen up for Sporting at Kinver on Sundays.

We are visiting my wife's sister near Nottingham and visited a gun shop / dealer hadfield guns just to have a chat to see what's about next time we are up form the sunny south of Kent. He opened a new clay shoot last year called lakeside sporting ltd. what I can make out its open every day apart from Sunday's at the moment shame we didn't bring our guns with us but always next visit