Brace

FOXHUNTER1

I was talking to a guy who keeps a few hens yesterday who we do the fox control for, and he happened to mention that a fox had been trying to dig into the runs and could we have a look.

So last night me & Jeff thought we would have a look. On arrival Jeff looked through the thermal and our luck was in the fox was just sitting in the field.

He switched to the Archer and shot it off his sticks around 60 yards away.

On picking it up I noticed a puss filled wound on top of its head :hmm: I wondered if someone had shot it with an air rifle as the skull was broken but not penetrated?

Did him a favour I think :yes:

ouch%20001_zpsntzipkx9.jpg

We then ventured to another spot of mine where I carry out fox control for a pheasant shoot.

We set up behind some bails and started calling. After 15 mins I changed to Dog Fox mating call and had a fox on top of us before we knew it. On lighting it up with the lamp it curtailed and ran off eventually stopping at approx. 200 yds with a lip squeak , Jeff pulled off a good shot dropping it on the spot , vixen this time so shoot captain and farmer chuffed :yes:

ouch%20002_zpsxmwdnnhp.jpg

Another great result , keeping on top of them this Spring.