beretta 686e

roadkill

not sure now if I have bought myself the right gun :lol:

when I was in the shop I told him I wanted a gun for clays and for rough shooting so we tried quite a few different guns out .. the one that felt the best was the 686e nice and light and a good overall feel to it ..

when I showed my mate a pic of it he recons its to big of a gun for rough shooting and only good for clays :yes:

so is he right who on here has used a 686e for rough shooting and how did you get on with it

Your mate is winding you up.

Most people reckon a field gun should be 28" and the purests say fixed choke.

But if it is light enough to be lugged round a field, will take a heavy load (as may or may not be required) and you shoot well with it, then it's fine.

I have shot my 32" Blazer on a driven day and that's that - oh yes I can here the tutting... :yes:

Mungler's right...doesn't matter what you shoot with (spud gun even!! :lol: ) so long as your comfortable and you shoot/kill well with it. :yes:

All my guns have a minimum of 30" barrels, and I prodominatly carry out rough shooting :lol:

i have a 686E with 30" barrels which i use occasionally to rough shoot with, i have a 687 SP also with 30" which i generally use; and i find the guns are very similar.

thats good to hear i didnt want to struggle when out in the rough ,,

thanks peeps you have put my mind at rest as i didnt want just a gun for clays i wanted an all rounder