Suzuki SJ 410

Hunter

Been offered one of these by a friend, but im still looking around for something and im after a first car. I cant stand normal cars after being a biker, I need something enjoyable and ''different'' to drive. Not after a big guzzler either.

Does anyone know anything about the SJ, have you owned or used one?

Thanks! :yes:

Been offered one of these by a friend, but im still looking around for something and im after a first car. I cant stand normal cars after being a biker, I need something enjoyable and ''different'' to drive. Not after a big guzzler either.

Thanks! :lol:

Hi hunter, the SJ410 was my first 4x4, it was a good reliable vehicle and cheap to run and insure.I changed it for a 1300cc, because I found the 998cc engine underpowered and max speed 55mph.

Watch out for rust on the spring hangers, lift the rear loadspace mat you can see the area where the springs are fixed underneath this is a good indication because rust will show here, its also a good idea to ask for a new mot with it, if its your first vehicle you dont want a lot of trouble when it does need an mot.

Beware of any 4x4 that has been chopped about or used for offroad activities, serious shooters vehicles should be ok, most of us love our 4x4,s. :yes:

:lol: D2D

http://forum.difflock.com/viewforum.php?f=...22805b4868a6ca9

come winter and wet weather these will go anywhere.

Still a "Tonka Toy" though, you cant beat a Landy when the going gets tough :lol: ,assuming you can drive it that is :lol: :lol: :lol:

:yes: D2D

sj has a reputation of doing just that though, one fo the most sought after 4x4's, very stealable though. liked by the unlikeable figures for their 4x4'ing. Was looking at one for a first car, truthfully glad i didnt now, good as it is its no car. its just a truck to drive when shooting.

If you go for a Land Rover you will be walking a lot ,as they always breakdown. ??? Stay well clear unless you have a large wallet. ???

Cant agree with you there, I have had a few series 2 & 3 and now a Defender 300tdi and touch wood no problems but its all down to regular servicing and preventive maint.

Mine have always been worked hard but not abused, one 4x4 I have had and hated was the 2.8 Fourtrack, that was a juicy so and so, it always wanted the tank filled before going anywhere :lol:

??? D2D

Thanks! ???

Top jeep for a bit of pest control. (only)

just sold mine recently ;to an enthusiast ,for a fun drive over rough ground.

Dave K

Had one and loved it. Great little thing for green laning and pretty good on fuel too. Also, 'cos they are only a 1300, they are easy to work on. Just check for rust and you should be ok.

Be careful in winter though, they get cold. Oh yes, remember that tyre choice is the biggest factor for off road.

Thanks for the advice.

This will be getting some use, currently has a 1000cc engine, but there is an almost new 1300cc chucked in the boot ??? so maybe il swap them over to get a little umph.

It will need to do a little road driving too, so I will be looking at a hybrid tyre for light offroad use. (if I buy this thing) ???