Junior Shotgun wanted

Osgoodbyshooter

Got nothing for you but a bit of advice as a fellow dad - Don't go down the 410 route - Have a go with one yourself on clays if you get a chance - They are flippin hard to shoot and if you're a learner, the last thing you want is an additional handicap of being under gunned. 28's are great, but they are also the current trend and so the price has risen accordingly for both guns and ammo.

If I were you I'd get hold of a nice light 20 bore and put very light clay loads through it.

Got nothing for you but a bit of advice as a fellow dad - Don't go down the 410 route - Have a go with one yourself on clays if you get a chance - They are flippin hard to shoot and if you're a learner, the last thing you want is an additional handicap of being under gunned. 28's are great, but they are also the current trend and so the price has risen accordingly for both guns and ammo.

If I were you I'd get hold of a nice light 20 bore and put very light clay loads through it.

I would agree strongly with what has been said, I managed to find a 28 bore Yildiz O/U non ejector, with a standard stock. I have now had this shortened and a kick-eeze pad fitted. My 11 years old Grandson is shooting 16 gram loads BUT the gun is capable of shooting 28 grams as he gets bigger and should the need ever arise. It would pay to search the 'ads' for a 28 bore, get it shortened and KEEP the removed piece to add back later. You will always get your money back as there will always be young shooters looking for that 'starter' gun.

I would agree strongly with what has been said, I managed to find a 28 bore Yildiz O/U non ejector, with a standard stock. I have now had this shortened and a kick-eeze pad fitted. My 11 years old Grandson is shooting 16 gram loads BUT the gun is capable of shooting 28 grams as he gets bigger and should the need ever arise. It would pay to search the 'ads' for a 28 bore, get it shortened and KEEP the removed piece to add back later. You will always get your money back as there will always be young shooters looking for that 'starter' gun.

Would tou say a 20 bore is too heavy for her age?

Ive got an Investarm .410/20G over and under being held at Portsmouth gun centre . DT And NE . Fixed choke and in pretty good nick . Bottom barrel is the .410 , Top 20G . I believe they have some photos on their website . Or Ive got a few should you want to see them mate?

Not sure it would be suitable for clays though? (Not being very helpful here am I?)

All the best fellas .

Andy .

Ive got an Investarm .410/20G over and under being held at Portsmouth gun centre . DT And NE . Fixed choke and in pretty good nick . Bottom barrel is the .410 , Top 20G . I believe they have some photos on their website . Or Ive got a few should you want to see them mate?

Not sure it would be suitable for clays though? (Not being very helpful here am I?)

All the best fellas .

Andy .

.410/20G sounds complicated doesn't it?

If you go down the 20G route the chances are she will suffer from recoil which will put her off shooting.

The Yildiz 28G over and under is a smashing gun and like the man above said 16 gram cartridges are available to make it very soft shooting.

The Yildiz is available with adult stock or youth stock, if you find one with an adult stock I would suggest contacting Mike at Entwistle Guns and buying a spare youth stock for it rather than cutting down the original and devalueing it.

The other advantage is you can refit the adult stock as she grows and keep her using a gun she is familiar with.

The above is meant with good intentions but you can tell me to mind my own business if you like.

Tony.