best knife

adi786

That's not what I am saying, You said "A mora will hold an edge as good as any but for half the money" I am just saying that a F1 would win that battle without a worry, but it is more than twice the price.

yes made I should of worded it better.. However a mora will do the job of graloching a deer and skinkng it as good as any other knife asking. Ever knife should be kept razor sharp . A dull knife is more dangerous than s sharp one . If your mora is nice and sharp it will do the same job as one twice or three times the price

yes made I should of worded it better.. However a mora will do the job of graloching a deer and skinkng it as good as any other knife asking. Ever knife should be kept razor sharp . A dull knife is more dangerous than s sharp one . If your mora is nice and sharp it will do the same job as one twice or three times the price

Very true.

But it might not stay as sharp for as long as a better quality blade. But kept sharp they can do the same as any other knife as you say.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small collection, including some Gucci type ones, but the one I use in the field is a Mora with bright orange handle. Very sharp, nice drop point shape with a blade that's neither too thick nor too tall. I also have a Fieldcrafter but use that less often as I find the Mora blade and handle nicer to use in the field. Fallkniven also very good plus there's the Spanish made Muela Cro-V steel blades (I have one of those and it has an incredible sharp edge which has never yet needed re-honing). VFM/quality, I'd place the Muela and Flallkniven on equal terms. What's best in the field? The £12 Mora imho.

Edge retention, the Muela and Fallkniven I think do hold their edge longer than the Mora, but a few wipes on a decent steel and the cheaper knife is good to go again.

Edited by Savhmr