Interesting prospects.

JDog

Mightymariner and I have been looking in different areas of the Wolds of late and we have concluded that there are not sufficient pigeons on any crop to make it worthwhile setting up. We have both seen handfuls on old rape and chitting peas but no strong lines in.

This morning I had the pleasure of going to see my ninety one year old mother. She is as vituperative, vitriolic and visceral as ever so it was good to drive back to the Wolds and look for pigeons. There are still few about but I did see four fields which had been drilled with peas yesterday and this morning and despite the best prepared seed beds and the very best equipment there were loads of peas spilled on top.

Watch this space for reports of more days of frustration and meagre bags. It would be good to shoot a few to end this lean period.

I had to look up vituperative :) she sounds a bit like my mum.

Proper planning must be the way to find them. Keep us posted and think yourself lucky not to live down here I have almost given up looking for them. Its got so bad for pigeons that I only take the black decoys out these days.

I had to look up vituperative :) she sounds a bit like my mum.

Proper planning must be the way to find them. Keep us posted and think yourself lucky not to live down here I have almost given up looking for them. Its got so bad for pigeons that I only take the black decoys out these days.

yeah sounds like my mum as well,.. when she was still knocking about........still talked to me as if i was 11 years old and tried to wipe my face with a tissue with spit on it (RANK)...and got to the stage in life where she said what she thought and didnt give a toss.............i remember a very embarrising moment at the Kings Lynn festival when she was drinking a large whisky mac talking to an African chap with an english surname ...and asking him how he got it ..."was it your families slave name....from your owner"...........(cringe..crawl under nearest stone)

Edited by ditchman

yeah sounds like my mum as well,.. when she was still knocking about........still talked to me as if i was 11 years old and tried to wipe my face with a tissue with spit on it (RANK)...and got to the stage in life where she said what she thought and didnt give a toss.............i remember a very embarrising moment at the Kings Lynn festival when she was drinking a large whisky mac talking to an African chap with an english surname ...and asking him how he got it ..."was it your families slave name....from your owner"...........(cringe..crawl under nearest stone)

:lol: I had in a Chinese restaurant to the Chinese waiter. Why don't you write in English its a lot easier?

One Christmas my mum invited a coloured family from down the road for Christmas dinner, my mum turned the heating on full blast and bought enough fruit in to stuff a elephant and to cap it all insisted on calling the father Ray because she didn't like his real name that was Omar . We had to eat dinner with most of Windows in the house open , despite all this she still gets a Christmas card from them every year