Unauthorized use of Ebay account

Lloyd90

....... :good:............if they have reset your password they will send a temporary password

It may have gone into your spam folder... I would still call eBay though to check.

Edited by MrM

I've gone on ebay uk through typing their address directly into my browser.

I have clicked to reset my password, they have then sent me an email which contains a link to click to reset it,

I have not yet clicked it lol, I assume its safe to do so ?

Bloody scammers got me paranoid to do anything now :lol:

I have clicked to reset my password, they have then sent me an email which contains a link to click to reset it,

If you are sure you were on eBay UK and the reset email arrived shortly after requesting a password reset you should be ok to click the link to reset password.

What I don't understand is when they reset account passwords they usually send a temporary password so you can access your account.

Did the email contain your user name?

Click to reset your password. If you went on to ebay clicked to reset your pass then got the reset email, you'll be fine.

If you are sure you were on eBay UK and the reset email arrived shortly after requesting a password reset you should be ok to click the link to reset password.

What I don't understand is when they reset account passwords they usually send a temporary password so you can access your account.

Did the email contain your user name?

Some sites send a temporary pass, sone don't.

After updating password etc I am on the site.

1) can't see anything about fraudulent activity

2) I have however received several emails all from the same address as the first

I did not use any links on emails, except the one from ebay after I requested to reset password.

UPDATE*

Regarding point 1), I have the same message in my ebay inbox as I had from the original email that I was unsure whether it was legit or not.

So assuming it was legit.

Went on listing and purchase history and there is nothing on there, so assuming either nothing was done or ebay have nipped it in the bud ?

Glad nothing has been taken. Had some money withdrawn from my paypal in the past and that was a right scare.

I believe I use paypal to pay if I ever use ebay which is now verified through text to my phone so assume I am safe.

Edited by Lloyd90