shooting in notts area

PADDY G 88

Is there any one here on the pigeon forum from or been shooting in the Notts area and have you been doing any good cheers thankyou.

As usual, No.

Lots of birds, which won't commit, been my problem for the last decade.

Crops are high on mine, so it's not easy shooting or recovery at the mo.

I make better gains over stubbles, but we don't leave them hanging around too long.

Edited by kyska

Its been like that here for months I hadent shot any pigeons up util this weekend on the peas shot 105 but there the first pigeons for months I cover about ten thousand acres and couldn't even scrounge a day just cudent find any to shoot I have only seen them on this particular field cheers.

Way back I knew a farmer by the name of Jeff Kirk, he was a full time pigeon shooter (loads of money) he always maintained that he would shoot yearly an average of 1 pigeon for every 2 miles he travelled, bet its more like 10 or more miles now for the average shooter.

I sore one or yo pigeons about yesterday o shot over a field what has oats and pea mix in for cattle feed picked up 31. I looked at a field were I shot last week we had done and it was blue but there will be another day but I have found pigeons aren't going on the peas until late afternoon. Cheers

Hello pigeon Shooters did any one else have a good day at the weekend I finally think the pigeons are back me and my friend had a great day on the peas again we shot the same pea field I shot a fortnight ago and we shot 101 this weekend I think we would have done a few more but we had rain put a end to a good day

All the birds in shooting are all on peas now but they are going bonkers for this particular field have had two 100 day outings on it now its just a bad field to shoot with a lot of obstacles I could shoot twice as many if you could should 360 degrees and not have to pick your shots shooting alot of young pigeons now. Pigeons seem to be going mad for machine at the moment but things are starting to look up but fields am seeing them are on the door step have friends what have been shooting in S****horpe and they have been struggling tho but been seeing birds at around 5 6 oclock time cheers.

Been out this avis to do a little bit of recon work looks promising for tommorow but the birds have moved from off the fields they was on last week because of the flowers but are now on the ones with the pods on has any one else found a day for tommorow?