Odd one today maybe a scam

johnny

Driving home today go to turn onto m25 going up the slip say and a guy is waving we down with his car on the hard shoulder with hazards on. So I pull over he come running up and says he's an international car mover shows me his card then proceeds to tell me how his car has broken down and his credit card is not working. And could I help him out. With this I gave him his card back and drove off smartly and called 101. Looking in my mirror I could see him trying to stop the next car coming up.

Seemed mighty odd

There is a frequent scam with gangs of eastern europeans (possibly romanians) doing what you describe trying to offer Jewelry in exchange for cash. The jewelry is usually worthless **** and the individuals concerned have been known to even jump into the road in an attempt to get vehicles to stop.

Most police forces are aware and they are reffered to as "jewelry sellers" they are seldom in the same place for more than a few minutes before moving on so are difficult to catch.

Most definitely a scam. As stated if you had engaged with him further he would have asked you for cash offering you some item of jewellery or a fake watch in return. I found 4 guys in a car that had been doing this a while back whilst at work. Unfortunately no one made any complaints but it was so difficult trying not to smile as I siezed thier car for no insurance, leaving them a long walk in the countryside.

There is a frequent scam with gangs of eastern europeans (possibly romanians) doing what you describe trying to offer Jewelry in exchange for cash. The jewelry is usually worthless **** and the individuals concerned have been known to even jump into the road in an attempt to get vehicles to stop.

Most police forces are aware and they are reffered to as "jewelry sellers" they are seldom in the same place for more than a few minutes before moving on so are difficult to catch.

+1

My mate got had by this. £20 for a brass ring