Piers Morgan, Oh Dear..!

Wingman

It is a case of "appearance", like it or not.

When "sportsmen" start using and being seen to use weapons that (deliberately ?) look like those normally seen in the hands of the Military and other Authorities, then the Public start to get concerned.

Logical, or not, its what happens.

I also repeat my earlier point, why does a sports shooter require a semi automatic, rapid fire, weapon with a large magazine capacity for, "punching paper or killing rabbits" ?

How about mini rifle its shot regularly at clubs in the UK. PS As for members of the public they woint see them in this part of the United Kingdom as military style rifles are club only.

Mini Rifle Shooting - Diggle Ranges

www.diggleranges.com/index.php/mini-rifle-shooting

post-45225-0-64851700-1466607375_thumb.jpg

Edited by ordnance

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't think of many situations whether pigeon shooting with a shot gun or out looking for rabbits with either a rimfire or air gun where I could say with certainty that I wouldn't come into contact with anyone else. People walk gently past as you unload to get ready for trekking across fields with decoying gear for a start, I once took a mate out on my own land so he could pot a few rabbits with his new Finnfire and a bloke came running across towards us and asked to buy a couple of boxes of ammo for his own .22 (I kid you not) which he reckoned he'd had for ages and wasn't sure where he could get ammo for !

I can remember standing on top of a huge rat infested wheat chaff hillock with a HW90 Theoben Euro with a two foot long scope and squirming as a young lad cycling past rolled his eyes and smiled when he spotted me. :yes::lol:

I can even remember giving a brace of pigeon to some chap who stopped and talked to me when he'd spotted the decoys.