Piers Morgan, Oh Dear..!

Wingman

Your not an anti mate,but more important you're not one of these HARDCORE PRO SHOOTERS, who incidentally are doing more damage than the anti's. You are stating a fact & a fact that need to be addressed.

Except they're not doing more damage, because they use their democratic powers to vote against legislation that is restrictive of ordinary folk, and wouldn't have made any difference in the situations they are brought in to "combat".

I posted just the other day about how I liked the SGC lever release rifles in 223. Am I safe to use my CZ 550 in 243 but unsafe to have one of those ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Were talking about guns that have a purpose (semi automatic inc) but not military style guns favoured by these American nutters. If you can state a valid reason why you would require a 45-60 round mag in a gun that capable of firing off the mag in 1min & convince your FEO then OK. Wouldn't want anyone living in my Village owning one.

What like the one bellow, i would have no problem convincing my FEO that i needed one . PS Lots of people have an interest shooting all types of firearms that doesn't make them nutters.

Under the brand name Colt the legendary models of the Colt M4 series are produced in Germany by Carl Walther in calibre .22 L.R in top quality. Same as on the original, the upper and lower receiver is made of high-quality aluminium as well as the milled Picatinny-style rails of the different fore-end variants.

post-45225-0-70709000-1466547363_thumb.jpg

Edited by ordnance

You answered you own question by posting that picture.Try sticking that on Fbook.Now stop ******* trolling.You starting to sound like that american.

Its not trolling its asking people to back up their posts, something you are obviously failing to do, resorting to insults instead. Have you a problem with a photograph of a firearm legally aviable in the UK being posted on a UK shooting forum strange. ?. :hmm:

Edited by ordnance

That type of firearm most certainly & that's the kind of firearm that's one step too close to the USA.Oh answered every question you've ask !, go back to post one the American idiot clearly said "my pro shooting friends in the UK"

So if I wanted to buy a 22LR Ruger 10/22 that would be fine , but if I wanted to buy a "scary looking" semi auto 22LR like the above that's not ok ?

Please refrain from throwing your toys out the pram and swearing / insulting people. I think your arguments are rubbish personally yet I don't swear and insult you.

Why is gun that is all black in colour and that has a 50 or 60 round mag capacity such a threat in some peoples minds. ?

Because they look scary , oooohh look out.

Basically it's being narrow minded.

Why is gun that is all black in colour and that has a 50 or 60 round mag capacity such a threat in some peoples minds. ?

I think what you need to take into consideration is Joe Public

Stick a picture of a 12 O/U or SS in front of them & they will think Pheasant/clay shooting

Stick that monstrosity in front of them and they will think Terrorism/ COD

I think you are being slightly dramatic, to say the least. I could maybe understand the concern of the public if someone was walking down the high-street with a look alike assault rifle or similar, but it should be of no concern to anyone what the gun looks like when someone is out and about punching paper or killing rabbits.

Stick a picture of a 12 O/U or SS in front of them & they will think Pheasant/clay shooting

I think you are giving JOE PUBLIC as you term them, far too much credibility regarding their gun knowledge.

Any gun a folding .410 single is a gun and that fact makes it fair game in their eyes, Quite why you feel a sporting shotgun is some how acceptable to this mindset i can not comprehend.

All guns are bad didn’t you know that.

Throw two guns an SKS and an AK47 on a bench as one of JOE PUBLIC to tell you which is which they wont have a clue.

They only know the name AK47 because the media and press have reamed this weapon down their throat every chance they get for years.

Its people that kill people guns can be a medium which some might use to kill others, Banning guns restricting guns in legislation like we have here in the uk stops nothing, just look at poor Jo Coxs killer he got or made a gun no problem. What are they going to ban next lathes milling machines hacksaws files what ?. angle grinders on a ticket.? its ridiculous.

Gun restrictions save no one, forget the mags the calibres all the other pointless ******** and put time and effort in to vetting the PERSON Not the gun.

Never has any gun jumped up off a table of its own accord and shot anyone, it needed a PERSON to pick it up and use it.

No mileage in restricting the law abiding and gun laws and restrictions just target the law abiding in societies . last Thursday pointless murder proved this to be so tragically true.

What like the one bellow, i would have no problem convincing my FEO that i needed one . PS Lots of people have an interest shooting all types of firearms that doesn't make them nutters.

I am getting one of these in October, FEO had no issue when i explained what i wanted it for.

THe amount of hypocrisy in these type of threads astounds me at times. 'It's ok to have a gun so long as it's a type of which I approve'!

CZ do a semi automatic version of a .22 WMR; and a very good tool it is too. It's a 'sporting rifle' and perfectly legal to own in this country. However, dress it up in black plastic on a AR type platform and all of a sudden it's an 'assault rifle' and we shouldn't be allowed it! Staggering. Both are perfectly capable of multiple shots on rabbits, and for that matter human beings. we approve of one rifle but not the other.

You couldn't make it up really, and all this from folk who enjoy killing things for entertainment. 🤔

Edited by Scully

THe amount of hypocrisy in these type of threads astounds me at times. 'It's ok to have a gun so long as it's a type of which I approve'!

CZ do a semi automatic version of a .22 WMR; and a very good tool it is too. It's a 'sporting rifle' and perfectly legal to own in this country. However, dress it up in black plastic on a AR type platform and all of a sudden it's an 'assault rifle' and we shouldn't be allowed it! Staggering. Both are perfectly capable of multiple shots on rabbits, and for that matter human beings. we approve of one rifle but not the other.

You couldn't make it up really, and all this from folk who enjoy killing things for entertainment. 🤔

You do have a valid point but black/tactical stuff is unfortunately used to glamorise and self delude the action man fantasists over there. At the end of the day it's a matter of mentality, unless you first address the rationale/intellect of the murican psyche itself the mechanical side (guns) is largely secondary.

It is a case of "appearance", like it or not.

When "sportsmen" start using and being seen to use weapons that (deliberately ?) look like those normally seen in the hands of the Military and other Authorities, then the Public start to get concerned.

Logical, or not, its what happens.

I also repeat my earlier point, why does a sports shooter require a semi automatic, rapid fire, weapon with a large magazine capacity for, "punching paper or killing rabbits" ?

I don’t understand this appearance aspect thing at all, no one ever sees my guns, apart from other shooters, i don’t have any assault styled rifles and never have had, but even if i did who is going to see them to be phased by a[appearance?

You don’t wear them to the shops or on days out to the coast. no one sees them. If the police officer who pops around once every five years freaks out at a hint of black plastic then he needs to wise up and toughen up a bit.

The appearance thing is in my opinion null and void.

I don’t understand this appearance aspect thing at all, no one ever sees my guns, apart from other shooters, i don’t have any assault styled rifles and never have had, but even if i did who is going to see them to be phased by a[appearance?

You don’t wear them to the shops or on days out to the coast. no one sees them. If the police officer who pops around once every five years freaks out at a hint of black plastic then he needs to wise up and toughen up a bit.

The appearance thing is in my opinion null and void.

You never bump into the public out hunting rabbits ?

You never bump into the public out hunting rabbits ?

Not very often, but even then it depends on their attitude. If they approve of what I do it isn't an issue, thise who are indifferent are indifferent, but those who disapprove would still do so I even if I were armed with an air rifle.

Armed response have been called out to respond to decoying; it was the fact they were shooting and not what they were shooting with which caused the response.

I know appearances make a difference, but only to the response caused. It is illegal to carry one of those wicked looking 'combat' knives without good reason, but it is also illegal to carry a Stanley knife without good reason, but not because of the way it looks but rather because of what you may do with it. Both are harmless without the intent. If this is true then the only logical answer is a complete ban on all items capable of being used in such a manner.

He is blatantly anti gun and has said so numerous times on his American TV show Tonight On CNN , The trouble he caused over there was unbelievable.

CNN axed the show due to the bad publicity he was causing over there, even peta distance themselves from his anti hunting anti gun rhetoric it was extreme and far too biased.

The cretin is a serious threat to all legitimate hunters and gun owners across the world. his anti gun anti hunting opinions are spouted prominently in the media and doing us harm.

He is one of the biggest dangers to Our sport to be seen in our life times.

Clarkson had him summed up very well indeed.

Is Clarkson a person to listen to?