Piers Morgan, Oh Dear..!

Wingman

You say need do you need your firearms. ? As for who needs a (assault rifle capable of firing 45-60 rounds a minute with 100 bullet magazine) few need one but might like one for sporting purposes i know i would . Who needs a semi / auto .22, a shotgun with a large mag cap, etc.

Sorry, for what purposes would you need a gun that is capable of firing 45-60 per minute?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, for what purposes would you need a gun that is capable of firing 45-60 per minute?

I can't think of a reason for me personally wanting one, but if you are going to allow them at least have some form of control. I mean how mad can it be that someone too dangerous to be allowed to fly is allowed freedom to purchase firearms.

For what purposes would you need a .22 semi/ auto with a 30 round mag that can easily fire 45-60 per minute ruger 10/22. A military rifle capable of killing at 1000 meters with a 10 round mag ( lee enfield rifle), handgun with a 18 round mag etc etc. ?

Edited by ordnance

No 'need' at all that I can think of, anymore than the 'need' any of us have for owning ours. They have them in America because they are allowed them by law, as we are allowed the firearms we have by law.

I'm a great believer in freedom of choice for law abiding people and rightly or wrongly also a firm believer that when a state is armed its populace shouldn't be denied the choice either.

It is an American lifestyle choice, very similar to the choice they have in Canada and several other countries, which for whatever reason, don't appear to be having the problems the Americans are. When you can figure out why, you may have taken the first step someway to solving the problem. The problem isn't 'assault' type weapons.

If you can find me an article, or video, of Piers Morgan advocating for increased gun control in the UK, I will be interested to see it.

I don't believe he is even "anti gun" for the USA, he just states there should be "gun control", something I have no argument with.

He even cites the UK as a fine example efficient "gun control" through effective licensing.

"He is one of the biggest dangers to Our sport to be seen in our life times", I don't think so.

I dont have an personal CNN archive on this phone or any idea how to get any of his shows online, but at the time they were available, The time being Around 2014 round the time CNN got rid of his stupid show tonight and shed him completely a few months after.

I know he is an out and out anti and anti gun to boot. It was well debated and publicised in the states at the time, and any one who wants to see and is not jaded by similar agendas to Morgan himself should even without too much effort be able to see his agenda for themselves. The guy is a cretin, he is anti gun anti hunting if you chose to accept this or not sir is your prerogative but that is all but not a fact.

I took Morgans reaction of exasperation to be result of the basis of the American guys argument rather than any anti gun stance in the interview.

What worried me was the comprisons being made with AR15s and shotguns which was rediculous to defend their unrestricted use. My reaction to that nonsense was the same as Piers. Anti gun..or not.

The concern is how many people sat at nome with no interest in shooting sports believed that ****.

My thoughts are that the uk gun laws are about right. Althpugh I do think the law on dedicated small bore target pistols could be relaxed.

I took Morgans reaction of exasperation to be result of the basis of the American guys argument rather than any anti gun stance in the interview.

What worried me was the comprisons being made with AR15s and shotguns which was rediculous to defend their unrestricted use. My reaction to that nonsense was the same as Piers. Anti gun..or not.

The concern is how many people sat at nome with no interest in shooting sports believed that ****.

My thoughts are that the uk gun laws are about right. Althpugh I do think the law on dedicated small bore target pistols could be relaxed.

That made me LOL when the idiot held up the sg cartridge,thats when Morgan won

Edited by Davyo

Call them what you want i would call them firearms.

If I am ever faced with an idiot with an illegal Ak47,or anything for that matter trying to harm me- I would like to think I would be carrying an AR 15 or similar. I won't be though,will I.

If I am ever faced with an idiot with an illegal Ak47,or anything for that matter trying to harm me- I would like to think I would be carrying an AR 15 or similar. I won't be though,will I.

But the AK47 be a bit more difficult to get hold of and I guess require alot more money than showing up at a local dealer discout store producing your driving licence. Edited by Paul1440

Davyo Do you just ask questions and not answer questions put to you. ?

Davyo, on 21 Jun 2016 - 9:26 PM, said:snapback.png

For what purposes would you need a .22 semi/ auto with a 30 round mag that can easily fire 45-60 per minute ruger 10/22. A military rifle capable of killing at 1000 meters with a 10 round mag ( lee enfield rifle), handgun with a 18 round mag etc etc. ?

Edited by ordnance

One of the reasons the Americans are allowed the right to bear arms is due to the fact that some of their wildlife views humans as a tasty snack, so when you are faced with a grizzly bear on your trip from the cabin to the outside lav, you have something a bit better than the newspaper to dissuade it!

Edited by secretagentmole

I only ever had 3 guns all served their purpose ,12g semi (not o/u or ss) had the semi purley due to not having to break the barrel (decoying & roosting)

22 rim for rabbits (5 shot mag) shot on average 700 - 1000 a year but never felt the need for a bigger mag or even an additional mag for that fact

243 for fox and deer (5 shot internal mag but loaded this through chamber) so only even one round in the gun

Had the 22 round not been so small & fiddly I would of preferred to load that trough the chamber also,

So there you go ordnance no requirements for a 45-60 round per min magazine.

The right to bear arms was not introduced for sporting purposes, but the ability for the people to stand up against an oppressive government or tyrant.

And those Drones, F16s and cruise missiles

take some stopping..

The right to bear arms might have been relevant in the civil war etc.. but now?

Jeeze you've got me sounding like an anti now.. believe me I ain't.

My interests are fieldsports and a I don't want them curtailed by reaction to the actions of those that it is reasonable to expect to be prevented from doing the unthinkable.

Home or abroad.. All the same in the eyes of some.

Edited by Paul1440

I only ever had 3 guns all served their purpose ,12g semi (not o/u or ss) had the semi purley due to not having to break the barrel (decoying & roosting)

22 rim for rabbits (5 shot mag) shot on average 700 - 1000 a year but never felt the need for a bigger mag or even an additional mag for that fact

243 for fox and deer (5 shot internal mag but loaded this through chamber) so only even one round in the gun

Had the 22 round not been so small & fiddly I would of preferred to load that trough the chamber also,

So there you go ordnance no requirements for a 45-60 round per min magazine.

I pointed out what firearms are avaible in the UK, that are cabible of semi auto fire. Just because you doint use them doesn't mean that others doint or shouldn't.

Edited by ordnance

If you can find me an article, or video, of Piers Morgan advocating for increased gun control in the UK, I will be interested to see it.

I don't believe he is even "anti gun" for the USA, he just states there should be "gun control", something I have no argument with.

He even cites the UK as a fine example of efficient "gun control" through effective licensing.

"He is one of the biggest dangers to Our sport to be seen in our life times", I don't think so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3537526/I-stop-two-big-beasts-butting-heads-Susanna-Reid-steps-stop-feisty-exchange-Piers-Morgan-big-game-hunter.html

And those Drones, F16s and cruise missiles

take some stopping..

The right to bear arms might have been relevant in the civil war etc.. but now?

Jeeze you've got me sounding like an anti now.. believe me I ain't.

My interests are fieldsports and a I don't want them curtailed by reaction to the actions of those that it is reasonable to expect to be prevented from doing the unthinkable.

Your not an anti mate,but more important you're not one of these HARDCORE PRO SHOOTERS, who incidentally are doing more damage than the anti's. You are stating a fact & a fact that need to be addressed.

HARDCORE PRO SHOOTERS, who incidentally are doing more damage than the anti's. You are stating a fact & a fact that need to be addressed.

What evidence do you have that (HARDCORE PRO SHOOTERS, who incidentally are doing more damage than the anti's) ? ?

The last firearms controls in the UK were after Dunblane and hungerford nothing to do with HARDCORE PRO SHOOTERS as you call them.

Edited by ordnance

I pointed out what firearms are avaible in the UK, that are cabible of semi auto fire. Just because you doint use them doesn't mean that others doint or shouldn't.

Were talking about guns that have a purpose (semi automatic inc) but not military style guns favoured by these American nutters. If you can state a valid reason why you would require a 45-60 round mag in a gun that capable of firing off the mag in 1min & convince your FEO then OK. Wouldn't want anyone living in my Village owning one.