Day at the archery

Lloyd90

Was a bit bored this Sunday and as the sun was shining (at least when we left home) I took the GF down to my mates farm to do a bit of Archery for the afternoon.

We started the day with a breakfast at the Grupo Lounge, I had the eggs benedict :)

316D6836-DF01-4493-AC9A-0EE1EC3818D6_zps

Then we headed off to get going. Starting with a bit of Instruction from my mate who's archery mad.

8969364B-6C49-47A7-BB05-F9E002ACB69B_zps

8FCA70EA-09B3-468D-A6E0-6792CD9C40BB_zps

0B2E8A76-A61A-48DF-BA18-C5CDD33611D7_zps

She wasn't bad for a beginner. I got some videos even in slow mo but not sure which code to copy off photo bucket :)

Is that a Border Griffon I spy in the photos?

Is that a bow mate ?

The bow my GF used is a buck trail Blackhawk which my mate has modified with a kit so it's a "take down", slots apart super easily.

The bow I'm using is my Samick Sage which I acquired a few months back. You can't see the target that good but I got mine in the gold so was very happy :)

The Gf got majority of hers on target so for her first go was also excellent!

It's not the size that's the problem - where the angle of the strong touches the skin, and presses in, even very slightly, when the string is released, it can flick the surface of the skin, leaving a nasty welt after a dozen or so shots. A guard also keeps clothing down and out of the way - the majority of target archers wear one.

Nice bow, btw - neatly done: it doesn't look like a take-down - and nice shooting, especially for a beginner 👍

It's not the size that's the problem - where the angle of the strong touches the skin, and presses in, even very slightly, when the string is released, it can flick the surface of the skin, leaving a nasty welt after a dozen or so shots. A guard also keeps clothing down and out of the way - the majority of target archers wear one.

Nice bow, btw - neatly done: it doesn't look like a take-down - and nice shooting, especially for a beginner

Yer it wasn't but he cut it in half then used a special kit he bought from America to turn it into a take down. He did a video on it. I will post the link below if your interested. Fair play to him he loves his archery and knows his stuff!