Pigeons over cover crop

OJW

Short video I've rushed to put together from last Thursday. I had a great time firing 92 shots for 36 birds. I've included some silly misses for your enjoyment. I even missed a bird sitting in a tree (unsporting but pest control I'm afraid) with the first barrel, lucky recovery on that one.

The wind was blowing in on my back and I set the decoys up in a V shape facing into it. I placed the magnet out on the left as from that point there was a view stretching over at least a few miles of fields and I wanted it to grab as much attention as possible. I put two floaters beyond the pattern to try and attract the attention of bird crossing the field from behind the big tree in front. Not sure how well this worked. Where would you have put them? As always, interested to hear how people may have tweaked things.

I experimented by putting a net over the hide, this seemed to work well with birds flying high over the top of me. Unfortunately, I didn't realise at first that the net covered the camera when I stood up to take a shot so only one of these birds has been included in the video. I took the net back down after a short while.

I shot a bird over the tree to my left and looked down to see it fall onto a patch of grass in the woods. I climbed a fence and walked over to retrieve it, but when I stepped onto the patch of grass I immediately started to sink, it was like quick sand. Luckily I got out.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Those birds were flighting not decoying.

I would not have had any of the hide poles showing above the net. That restricts the swing.

I must now move you up a class to the 'C' team after that good shooting.

Haha, thank you for the promotion :yahoo: . Cheers for the tip, I will make sure they are flush next time. I'm out again tomorrow for the last time before I head across the pond during aug. I will try and get a video together in the short space of time I have before Wednesday. If the PW shoot day was anything to go by I think you might agree stationary birds in trees are easily underestimated ;)

Thanks Stevey G and Cranfield. Glad you enjoyed.