Eley VIP 28g 5 steel

I shoot with a modern Grulla sidelock and have a back to back day on driven mallard this year.

Expecting to get through 150 cartridges a day.

Gun is 70mm and choked 1/4 & 1/2.

Thinking a 32g RC or Gamebore but seen these 1oz Eley steel 5 and wondered if anyone had used them.

No to 5 shot in steel

Gamebore or Rc in 32g 4s

3 shot would be better

5s will work but i tend to go with this line of thinking, but i must say your choice of gun to shoot steel through is not ideal, i have the previous model to the Grulla A Union Armera 216SL and of all the guns i own i would not put steel through it.

10 000 quids worth of gun is too strong for me to run steel through.

Just buy a 500 quid no4 or some thing like that for steel days not the Grulla.

5s will work but i tend to go with this line of thinking, but i must say your choice of gun to shoot steel through is not ideal, i have the previous model to the Grulla A Union Armera 216SL and of all the guns i own i would not put steel through it.

10 000 quids worth of gun is too strong for me to run steel through.

Just buy a 500 quid no4 or some thing like that for steel days not the Grulla.

Ok, I will maybe use my old Browning o/u but I like shooting the Grulla so will probably use that. Its proofed for steel 32g loads (says the paper work) and upto 70mm 36g lead loads. I will go and buy some RC, Gamebore or Victory 32g 3/4 shot.

Ok, I will maybe use my old Browning o/u but I like shooting the Grulla so will probably use that. Its proofed for steel 32g loads (says the paper work) and upto 70mm 36g lead loads. I will go and buy some RC, Gamebore or Victory 32g 3/4 shot.

As i said it will work, but realy ? Prof is one thing, but its not a route i would tread myself. imagine how you would feel if it scratched the bore even slightly, your going to know its there and live to regret it. if lead gets banned load copper or bismuth, but steel... not for that gun. Buy bismuth if your so down for running it on those days.

Use the Browning you know it makes sense. ;)

Edited by TONY R