LPG Vans

SuperGoose75

Well whats peoples take on these then..? To be truthfully Honest' I knew very little about this LPG stuff until recently.

I'm going to have a look at a tidy looking "From photos" Vauxhall Combo tomorrow morning. It will be mostly for my shooting and dog and general country Activities and the odd small Job. I have really missed my Transit since I took her off the road due to the outragous tax system over here. Anyway This little Van seems perfect' she just passed the MOT this morning and looks very Tidy .Its plylined and has a bulk head which I like' as the Transit has one' which i will sell to offset a smaller van.

So they seem pretty enconomical going by what I read on LPG..Any thoughts on these dual fuel Vechicles..? Had a look and drive in a Berlingo today' ut she wasnt for me.

Been taking the Dog in the boot of the Wifes work hatchback as its barred from the family car and its not going down well despite me putting down a Dog cover and hoovering it out after Im Finished. I still use the Transit to go through some old lanes to fields ect but Cant take her out on the main Roads so use the car when going to Water.

So any thoughts on these LPG's then Good or bad..? Thanks in advance as i will be Shutting down the laptop and will check for replys on the phone later and will report back tommorrow if i buy the Van.

Cheers SG.

I had a LPG 4ltr jeep the problem that I found is if I was using it to go say 10 or more miles then the lpg would be a good saving on fuel but for short trips as it started on petrol and switched over to gas when the engine had wormed up a bit perhaps 1/2 a mile then the gas would kick in good in summer when it was hot but in winter I did tend to use more petrol also if something goes wrong it can be a pain to find someone to fix it cutting it down to basics if you do mostly short runs get a diesel.

Well I did read the replies before I went to look at the Van and Your advice did sow a little doubt in my head.

However when I looked at the van and took her for a test drive I really couldnt find any faults and the Lad who was selling it i was spot on to deal with.

She was just what I was after' A little Van to scoot about in and take me from A to B. I think i will just run it on Petrol and forget about the LPG. With a hike in Diesel on the cards over here Soon' I dont think it will make much of a difference for what i need it for.

Thanks for your replies and info' Was much appreciated :good:

Well I did read the replies before I went to look at the Van and Your advice did sow a little doubt in my head.

However when I looked at the van and took her for a test drive I really couldnt find any faults and the Lad who was selling it i was spot on to deal with.

She was just what I was after' A little Van to scoot about in and take me from A to B. I think i will just run it on Petrol and forget about the LPG. With a hike in Diesel on the cards over here Soon' I dont think it will make much of a difference for what i need it for.

Thanks for your replies and info' Was much appreciated :good:

As long as you are happy with it that is all that matters I do not suppose the engine is very big anyway with my jeep being 4ltr running on petrol was not an option at 18mpg.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Had a few of these vans...in my opinion the only one was the one with the 1700 "di"engine ran that till it had 280,000 on clock then sold it to me brother who had it for a further 3yrs....faultless!...the other 2 both seized due to can belt snapping and clutch failed on both of them before that!!! Good luck fella ;-)