pest controllers

AberFowl

might be a stab in the dark but do you need any formal quals or certification to start?? only reason i ask is i have a friend looking in to is to in the south of england in commercial factories

A friend of mine just got a job as a pest controller in a big firm and he had to pass tests exam etc and was given certificates etc before he was hired. So I assume you do have to be qualified. A lot of pest control is cockroaches rats wasps etc

might be a stab in the dark but do you need any formal quals or certification to start?? only reason i ask is i have a friend looking in to is to in the south of england in commercial factories

Will definatly need certain qualifications to buy most insecticides/ rodenticides and seperate certification to buy photostoxins and strychnine and as far as I know all commercial grade poisons is for professional use only and has to be used by a qualified and competent person.

Most of the time involves routine contract work baiting up for rodents (box kicking) and then loads of wasps nests in the summer. Now and again you get the cream which might be pigeon culls foxes and rabbits but most of the time it's just basic stuff.

Edited by johnnythefox70