Derby county football club

Guest cookoff013

Eddie was quick and tremendously gifted. I have never seen anyone just drift / shuffle past players like they weren't there - the goal against Burnley lives on - but thigh strains blighted his career. I watched him through his days as a mesmerising winger to when he moved into defence as a attack minded left full back.

Class player - class bloke.

digger - just noticed who made the remark. I think I summed him up properly.

Edited by Gordon R

I have been a Leeds supporter for longer than most members on here have been alive. Terrible times. With all the takeovers, it always surprises me that Leeds haven't been a target. Big crowds, big ground (with room for expansion), tradition, successful history - we have the lot.

Terry Cooper, Jack Charlton, Norman Hunter, Johnny Giles, Paul Reaney, Alan Clarke, Mick Jones, Peter Lorimer, Billy Bremner, the brilliant Eddie Gray - just short of a decent keeper.

Soooooper Leeds! Leeds Fans everywhere! :-)

I have been a Leeds supporter for longer than most members on here have been alive. Terrible times. With all the takeovers, it always surprises me that Leeds haven't been a target. Big crowds, big ground (with room for expansion), tradition, successful history - we have the lot.

Terry Cooper, Jack Charlton, Norman Hunter, Johnny Giles, Paul Reaney, Alan Clarke, Mick Jones, Peter Lorimer, Billy Bremner, the brilliant Eddie Gray - just short of a decent keeper.

Who was your keeper of that era? Was it somebody called Sparks?

I bumped into Paul Reaney a few months ago. He was running the kids football at Potters Resort in Suffolk (don't ask). Unlike many ex players he still looked trim.

it was gary sprake, the goal he let in against chelsea in the fa cup was bloody terrible, he dropped some right clangers, good job the other team members were so good, sad to see leeds go the way they did.

That's him. Didn't he throw the ball into his own net? Not sure if that was the FA Cup game or another?

it was gary sprake, the goal he let in against chelsea in the fa cup was bloody terrible, he dropped some right clangers, good job the other team members were so good, sad to see leeds go the way they did.

He made a howler at Anfield in the first half. As the teams trudged off for the interval the DJ played 'Careless Hands' over the PA system. :lol: Harvey was a vast improvement.