My new target analysis software

spandit

Brief demo here:

demo.png

Unfortunately, at the moment, my hosting company doesn't have the right versions of PHP and GD to allow me to release this for everyone to play with but once I have that ironed out, it should be cross platform and free. It's written from scratch (currently just under 1500 lines) and uses formulas from here (and it comes up with the same results on the sample target they display)

What do you think?

It's not just about adjusting the scope, it's a way of gauging performance for target shooting, in a competition, say. If you are the kind of person that likes to shoot accurately then this can help you keep track of your progress/proficiency.

Regarding the scope adjustment, however, unless you are re-zeroing after every shot, then some way of determining the centre of a group is needed and knowing how many clicks to use is not always obvious as most scopes are set up to adjust for 1/4" at 100 yards.

This isn't a ballistics calculator, I have other software for load development etc.