Samsung TV colour issue

Doc Holliday

I got home last night and Mrs H told me there was a problem with the TV. We have a Samsung UE55HU8600 curved screen jobbie and the issue is with red colours. Instead of seeing them as a nice shade or red they take on a more magenta hint. This is more pronounced with the virgin HOME menu. I've checked the connections and, although the TV flickers a bit and sometimes loses the picture with the media plug, Mrs H swears she hasn't touched anything on the back. She did say she put all the remotes in the bowl on the coffee table and it seemed to coincide with that, although she reckons the button. I've had a play with settings and even restored factory settings a last resort but it didn't change anything. I'm hoping it's not one of the boards inside.

I've also looked online but there is nothing current which relates.to this problem with this model, so it's over to the great PW collective.

I've also just noticed that on some screens that should be black, or at least very dark, it also has a magenta hue. Not sure if that has a bearing.

Edited by Doc Holliday

If you've taken all the leads out, fully powered down and put everything back then that's the main bit ticked off.

I know you've reset to factory, but it might be worth looking at your tint/hue settings, if they exist. The shift might just be a tint issue which my some chance the factory reset misses.

The tint settings might also fix it until you find the actual solution.

Thank you for the replies guys. We bought the TV back in December 2014 from Richer Sounds. It turns out we have a 5 year warranty with them and they have their approved repair agent coming out on Tuedsay. I called them to see if they could offer any help and, on looking in to it, said they will send someone round. Tops marks for service, I have to say.

In the meantime, I'll try holding the button in. Would that be hold it in then unplug or unplug then hold in for a minute before plugging back in?

We also have a Samsung and mine had the wifi card fail in it, this caused the tv to randomly power off and on again . After a particularly annoying episode of power cycles we phoned richer sounds and they sent someone round to fix it and been great since. Only issue was I don't seem to be able to get the picture as good as it was before, spent 2 weeks faffing about with the settings and I'm still not 100% sure on the picture.

Edited by Lord O War

Good luck with this.

"Rant mode on"

I had a faulty curved tv and Samsung refused to honour the garauntee. It kept turning itself off randomly. They checked the settings via the internet and blamed the Sky box. Long story short, Samsung just put out excuse after exscuse as to why it couldn't possibly be their tv and basically just said no. After more than a year of this I rang the vendor and they sent it for repair. It turned out to be the One Connect box motherboard. It works fine now, I'm waiting for an apology from Samsung over this sorry affair.

I will never purchase another Samsung product again so problem solved in that regard, I don't like shysters and IMO Samsung are nothing but, as a company.

"Rant mode off"

Atb

Edited by achosenman