Wage difference

winnie&bezza

Starting point,has the tax code changed,have you checked?

Check the code on your payslip 1st,should be 1100L if your bog standard with no company benifits or releifs.Then do a TT check on the Gov.uk website or check your PTA if you have one.

Loads of issues at the moment with employers messing up RTI at the moment.

See RTI errors everyday,Real Time Information is where the employer/payroll send details too the Tax Office either weelky or monthly.Some employers are struggling to get to grips with it so subsiquently adjust which sees a change in an employees wage that month or week.We have tried to educated employers payroll but,well sometimes its like braying you head off a wall.

Has one empiyer last week,who mucked up all the staffs wages,ovwr 1000 employees ebded up on BR basic rate.All because the junior in payroll left a gap in the individual epmloyees works number.For example a work number of 12345, changed to 12 345.But because there was no P45 submission for the previous RTI,it created a duplicate employment with the same employer.Effectivly the employee now has 2 employments with the same employer now.HMRC will automatically issue a BR for the secondary source.The employer then opperates BR if not picked up by anyone with experiance in payroll.But if there is someone with experiance the problem initally would of happened.

Edited by Davyo

Starting point,has the tax code changed,have you checked?

Check the code on your payslip 1st,should be 1100L if your bog standard with no company benifits or releifs.Then do a TT check on the Gov.uk website or check your PTA if you have one.

Loads of issues at the moment with employers messing up RTI at the moment.

See RTI errors everyday,Real Time Information is where the employer/payroll send details too the Tax Office either weelky or monthly.Some employers are struggling to get to grips with it so subsiquently adjust which sees a change in an employees wage that month or week.We have tried to educated employers payroll but,well sometimes its like braying you head off a wall.

I wouldn't know if it's changed at the moment as I only saw difference when looking in my account and I don't get the slips every week. Usually get a big bunch of slips every 3 months or so!. I was 1060L before I had a raise about 2 months ago and don't think I've had a slip since then. Thanks.

To be honest it probably is 1100L as I don't really check and just get complacent. Yes I'm bad. Will find one this years slips to check.

Have you considered opening a PTA (Personal Tax Account.Its free,everyone in the UK will have one by 2020.You can view your Tax codes,State pension forcast,check for missing NI contributions along with many other functions.You can update your code with Med insurance or Company Car.Submit Eforms for repayments for Psubs & FRE's.In the future (very near future) the self assesment tax return as we know it will dissapear and Self employed and SA people will be doing their accounts through the PTA on possible a quartly basis.Go to Gov.uk/personal-tax-account.

For those receiving Tax Credits/Universal Credit you will be able to do changes of circumstances ect yourself and see the immediate effect it will have on your payments.You will be able to check when your next payments are due.There will be no need for any further Annual Delarations as the TPA will have access to your RTI (empoloyers payroll) and adjust you tax credits depending on your wages.This should stop claimants ending up Overpaid where you have to pay monies back.It will also have access to the quarterly Tax Return submissions that the self empoloyed have submitted and adjust their payments in line with their income.

Edited by Davyo

Have you considered opening a PTA (Personal Tax Account.Its free,everyone in the UK will have one by 2020.You can view your Tax codes,State pension forcast,check for missing NI contributions along with many other functions.You can update your code with Med insurance or Company Car.Submit Eforms for repayments for Psubs & FRE's.In the future (very near future) the self assesment tax return as we know it will dissapear and Self employed and SA people will be doing their accounts through the PTA on possible a quartly basis.Go to Gov.uk/personal-tax-account.

For those receiving Tax Credits/Universal Credit you will be able to do changes of circumstances ect yourself and see the immediate effect it will have on your payments.You will be able to check when your next payments are due.There will be no need for any further Annual Delarations as the TPA will have access to your RTI (empoloyers payroll) and adjust you tax credits depending on your wages.This should stop claimants ending up Overpaid where you have to pay monies back.It will also have access to the quarterly Tax Return submissions that the self empoloyed have submitted and adjust their payments in line with their income.

Didn't even know about to be honest but am going to look it up now. A lot there I don't know or understand. Many thanks. Edited by winnie&bezza