Laurona

smudge133

I have a laurona 85ms super game 20b o/u ,single trigger, took it out for the first time yesterday and found that after a few shots , the gun stopped firing the 2nd shot . anyone know why this would happen . :unhappy:

Does it have a barrel selector and did you try shooting top barrel first, does it click but not dent the primer, does it not click at all (could be you're not releasing the trigger enough to allow it to re-cock), does it dent the primer (could then be cartridges at fault), is it new to you and has it ever done this with other cartridges, does it fire snap caps (or empty shells) when you tap the stock gently on the carpet when dry firing, has the action been cleaned recently, could be so many things and greenergp has a good point too.

Edited by Hamster

I was using 21g carts , was firing sometimes , then it would stop and only do the one . Tried changing the selector to bottom barrel , but just the same . firing for a short time , then would revert to just the one barrel

Sounds like the cartridges low recoil could be at the heart of the problem, try 28g and see what happens ?

Edited by Hamster

I know that it isn't the same Gun but I hadn't used my Berretta for a while and it started doing this and it turned out to be that the internals had gotten a bit dry and just needed a bit of a lube up. Now it could be that your new gun just needs the same because it has been working ok so something has changed. The other thing that has been mentioned is not releasing the trigger on firing which stops the mechanism switching. This can be helped by using a more pokey first cartridge which might shake you into trigger release.