tikka t3 or cz 527

bunny bagger

It all depends on how much dosh you have.

The Tikka is an excellent gun, with a cracking trigger straight out of the box.. I had one in 0.17 Rem.

Never tried the CZ - I would suggest that you compare them in the shop.

Remmy 700 has a poor trigger but the bolt is massive and rigid. I had one in 22-250 and it was very accurate after the trigger was tweaked.

At the end of the day it all depends what accuracy you want - any of the above guns should give you 0.5" or so groups at 100 yards, but it all boils down to how they do it and what you are prepared to put up with.

Don

i have both tikka and CZ rifles and love them both realy dont know which to sugest i know i disagree with some fellas but i hate remington i have seen many mess up but must admit they were all semis and even i would admit the remington 700 and 870 are probably ok I have owned alot of rifles and i would say for your price range i would sugest CZ,Tikka,or browning a-bolt cheers and have fun with what ever you buy :/

CZ all the way for me :good: the remmy's are **** now the old ones shot o.k but the newer ones don't seem up to it anymore :/

**** eh, saw a remmy VSSF II shoot a 3/8th inch group with American eagles today, the rest of it's groups hovered mainly around 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch, nope, wouldn't take it as a present :P

My T3 was shooting them 5/8th to an inch, all at 100 yards around an inch high like I want it.

Never shot or seen a CZ being shot.

Depends on the barrel (and about 207 other different things interacting) on the particular rifle you get, if all the above have decent barrels they'll shoot well enough for foxing if the nut behind the butt can do the business.

CZ versus T3, I bought the T3 varmint. Just a personal choice is all.

I'd handle them all if you can, feel the weight, how it fits in your shoulder, how your hand feels on the grip and where the trigger rests on your index finger, balance, blah blah etc.

There's 1,000 reasons for and against each and every rifle, everyone will have their own success and horror stories. You choose what's right for you :good:

CZ all the way for me :good: the remmy's are **** now the old ones shot o.k but the newer ones don't seem up to it anymore :/

**** eh, saw a remmy VSSF II shoot a 3/8th inch group with American eagles today, the rest of it's groups hovered mainly around 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch, nope, wouldn't take it as a present :good:

Just my opinion mate :P what do I know eh!

As Dave said at the top of all this, bare in mind the Tikka and the CZ come with magazines.

It's down to personal preference but I wouldn't buy a hunting rifle without a mag, as I don't want to spend my time picking rounds up out of the mud each time I make it safe.

As Dave said at the top of all this, bare in mind the Tikka and the CZ come with magazines.

It's down to personal preference but I wouldn't buy a hunting rifle without a mag, as I don't want to spend my time picking rounds up out of the mud each time I make it safe.

Ehh :lol: Don't think that's much of a valid arguement for or against a gun :lol: When your spending that much money they can thow spare mag in with the deal no worries, even if they don't they're not that expensive compared to the cost of the gun. :good: Would prefer to get the right gun for me than worry about whether or not it comes with mags!! :lol: Can't many on here shooting without mags! :lol:

Ehh :lol: Don't think that's much of a valid arguement for or against a gun :lol: When your spending that much money they can thow spare mag in with the deal no worries, even if they don't they're not that expensive compared to the cost of the gun. :good: Would prefer to get the right gun for me than worry about whether or not it comes with mags!! :lol: Can't many on here shooting without mags! :lol:

Not sure if you know or not Oly so not being an **** about telling ya but Remingtons have floorplate magazines, they're built in, so when you click to open the magazine out spills 5 or so cartridges into your hand, or onto the floor or ground if you're not careful. While Tikka & CZ have a removeable magazine which will hold X amount of cartridges and when you release that magazine the magazine itself with the X number of cartridges inside it comes out nicely into your hand.

No worries :lol:

I, like Stuart, prefer having the magazine too :lol: Makes life that bit handier. The only drawback I can think of it is that while the magazine protrudes the floorplate doesn't.

Yep, me too, but the Remmy's overall features outweigh it for me. The mag doesn't always have to protrude, if you get the right one...just limits capacity though! :good:

thanx for all the advice, but ive just read in sporting gun that there is an 18 week back log with firearms variations and renewals with the west mercia constabulary, i only sent mine off three weeks ago so i`ll have plenty of time to make my mind up, at least i`ll be able to save up for a more expensive outfit, till then the faithful old .22 rimmy will have to do :good:

The only drawback I can think of it is that while the magazine protrudes the floorplate doesn't.

The 3 shot on the Tikka is flush John, the 5 shot (i.e the one I lost in Scotland :/ ) does protrude.

I have a 5 shot in the CZ, that is the standard one, I don't even know if they do a 3.

As for throwing them in with the gun the Tikka ones are about 60 quid or so from memory.

thanx for all the advice, but ive just read in sporting gun that there is an 18 week back log with firearms variations and renewals with the west mercia constabulary, i only sent mine off three weeks ago so i`ll have plenty of time to make my mind up, at least i`ll be able to save up for a more expensive outfit, till then the faithful old .22 rimmy will have to do ;)

Variations are a little quicker, but new certs yes 18 weeks!

Sent in for another variation in mid-april...was told yesterday that it would be looked at today! :lol: Fingers crossed I get my cert back soon!! :/

Cumbria turned it round in about a week or two!! :yes:

The 3 shot on the Tikka is flush John, the 5 shot (i.e the one I lost in Scotland :/ ) does protrude.

As for throwing them in with the gun the Tikka ones are about 60 quid or so from memory.

I like the 5 shot, it's just handier to be prepared for the unexpected, with the bullets in the mag then makes for very efficent unloading. The only thing I got thrown in with my .223 was a smile :yes: