Shot maker advice?

Hi guys once again I'm back to seeking advice!

So I've put together a simple shot dripper using a 0.8mm mig tip as the nozzle my main problem has been it streaming not dripping. The only thing I can think of is that I set the mig tip up so it sticks out horizontally to the ground not the classic L shape. Could this be cousins my issues? Thanks again guys! Darren

If it is streaming it's usually because the hole is too big or the volume of lead is creating too much pressure. Try and have less lead in the pot.

PS, if you want a proper diagnosis get some pics up of exactly what you are doing. It's amazing what half baked efforts folk try and make shot with then wonder why it aint going right.

Edited by sitsinhedges

possibly running too hot or some zinc in the pot it will run like water and ruin the entire batch if the lead ingot has a blue tinge to it you are ok if shiny silver its zinc if you are using old roofing lead cut a strip about an inch wide and bend it back and forth to break it if lead it will get thinner and break if zinc it will work harden and the bending point will move and harden again throw it in the bin try to buy rolled lead, as cast lead is zinc hope this helps if you use .6 tips and temp right you can make 7.5 to 5 shot by varying temp or lead volume in the pot if you use cheap fabric conditioner as a coolant less pinholes hollow shot easy to wash off and dry for graphite tumble