Winchester SXP slam fire recall

flippermaj

Bought a nearly new SXP waterfowl pump from a mate this week and used it for the first time tonight.

On the 13th shot it slam fired scaring the **** out of me (it was a 3.5 shell that went bang!), luckily no dogs or anything in the way.

I have checked the winchester\browning web site and my serial number isn't listed as one affected.

The history of the gun is that the dealer who sold it returned it to winchester to get the fix applied, the original buyer waited months for it to come back from winchester and got a refund from the dealer at which point my mate bought it. He has fired about 50 shots through it with no issue and then sold it to me.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Cheers

Flipper

Bought a nearly new SXP waterfowl pump from a mate this week and used it for the first time tonight.

On the 13th shot it slam fired scaring the **** out of me (it was a 3.5 shell that went bang!), luckily no dogs or anything in the way.

I have checked the winchester\browning web site and my serial number isn't listed as one affected.

The history of the gun is that the dealer who sold it returned it to winchester to get the fix applied, the original buyer waited months for it to come back from winchester and got a refund from the dealer at which point my mate bought it. He has fired about 50 shots through it with no issue and then sold it to me.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Cheers

Flipper

Bought mine New mid December 2014 January 2015 recalled took probably 2 month at no cost to myself or RFD i dread to think how many cartridges I've shot through the gun before and after recall but never had a issue.

I rarely use 3.5" cartridges but as i was given a few hundred home loads mainly Duck loads but plenty of Goose loads that's what I've been shooting and a lot to again no issues.

Hi Boyd,

Is there a punch mark or similar on your receiver to show the repair has been done? On the American web site it shows a punch mark on the receiver where the mag tube goes in to indicate its had the fix. Mine doesn't have it but has allegedly been fixed. What about yours?

Shame about this as I did well with the gun tonight, 2 pinks and 6 widgeon but I can't be using it now until I know it's safe.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Boyd,

Is there a punch mark or similar on your receiver to show the repair has been done? On the American web site it shows a punch mark on the receiver where the mag tube goes in to indicate its had the fix. Mine doesn't have it but has allegedly been fixed. What about yours?

Shame about this as I did well with the gun tonight, 2 pinks and 6 widgeon but I can't be using it now until I know it's safe.

Cheers

Mark

Top Man well done on the Pink's and Widgeon.

I seem to remember something about a mark to be honest i thought it was a white Dot !!!!!!!!

Personally mate I'd get hold of Browning UK at a guess your Gun has NOT been sorted. Sorry i can't be of anymore help

Hi Boyd,

Cheers

Mark

Mine has been recalled, fixed and marked (all before I bought it) I've never had an issue