Lander sporting lux ejecters

chris1961

Chris, does yours have the rectangular plate that has a round spigot on it that latches the ejectors?

If it does then this is the sequence..

• Push ejector in so that the rectangular plate is free to move up and down.
  • In the middle of the plate is a spigot with a tiny hole in it. Use a small pin punch or allen key to push the spring loaded retainer back into the hole
  • With the retainer pushed in, gently slide the rectangular plate down and out of the slot (BE CAREFUL THE SPRING LOADED RETAINER WILL PING OUT UNLESS YOU ARE READY FOR IT)
  • The ejector can now be removed.

It's a pain in the rear to try and get it back together the first time but gets easier with practice.

Hope this helps

Edited by Schmitty

I couldn't get mine out and haven't bothered for the last 6 or so years.

I haven't noticed any difference in how far the shells ping off if I let then.

Particular useful when someone stands right behind you on a clayrange commenting on what your doing wrong.

I asked the Last chap if he wanted to buy me dinner as he was closer than my wife.

One of my ejectors came out the other day, it was a bit fiddly but I have managed to a. find all of the pieces and b. Put it back together correctly so it works again.

I like clay shooting but do hate the " helpful " people who crowd over to give advice/commentate/talk amongst themselves. It feels like they just want you to hurry up and get out of their way so they can crack on and enjoy their day. It's worse if you are taking someone who is learning as they generally lose concentration and fall to peaces when they get an audience. Why they don't give other people some space is beyond me? If I want help I will ask for it.