A Shed for a Mobile Hide

I was at one of my permissions today and the farmer said he had just been given an old shed, it is about 6x4, he has sujested that i could put it back together and mount it on a couple of pallets so it can be moved around the farm. The idear is if the blackys are hitting a area he can place the shed-hide there for a few days and then i can go and shoot from it. As anyone else ever tried anything like this and did it work?

Sort of, there is an old cow byre on the edge of one of the fields I shoot over that is semi overgrown. One half is dutch barn style, the other like a stable.

When the weather looks iffy and the crop is right to shoot over I often set up within range of it so when it rains I am a short walk from cover. Pigeons and crows totally ignore it and its great on sunny days too, I can stay in the shade and shoot from my fishing chair. No doubt I miss many chances of a shot due to the restricted arc of fire but its a stop gap.

Give it a go :good:

If you decide to give it a go and need a pallet big enough, I have some big single pallets around 8' x 4' that you can have gratis.

Let me know if you need one, I can arrange to get one to Aylesbury very easly as I send a vehicle to Rowsham Road, Bierton 2/3 times a week.

Lefty

we use a old celery packing machine that just stood in the middle off the fields and its right under the fight path for the crows :good: the back is wide open about 6ft x6ft and 4ft off the ground .we put the net across and have some great days shooting in there :lol:

If you decide to give it a go and need a pallet big enough, I have some big single pallets around 8' x 4' that you can have gratis.

Let me know if you need one, I can arrange to get one to Aylesbury very easly as I send a vehicle to Rowsham Road, Bierton 2/3 times a week.

Lefty

Cheers Lefty i might take you up on that, i know the farm has some normall size ones. I am away in Cornwall for the next 2 weeks but once i`m back and sussed it out i will PM YOU ;)

I live just off the Bierton road.

This is a joke - right ?!!!

Sheds, pallets, forklifts and caravans, **** m- are you crazy, just take your 4x4 to where you want to be and put a net around it. ;);):P:D

The point of it is when you are after the blackys they spot something diferent but if you can get a hide out in place a week before they get used to it being there = more dead uns :(

Cheers Lefty i might take you up on that, i know the farm has some normall size ones. I am away in Cornwall for the next 2 weeks but once i`m back and sussed it out i will PM YOU ;)

I live just off the Bierton road.

No problem mate, I'm happy to help. I too, will be away next week and then back at work Mon 11th June.

• 4 weeks later...
LEFTY as you requested a pic of the shed( spot the pallet) still a lot to do windows for the gun camo then off after the corivids :good: will post again when finished with results

Shed.jpg

looks a good enough hide to me... lol any electric in there?? for the kettle?

Nice one. :good: The job's a good un, as they say. The blackies won't see what's coming their way. What're you planning for all round vision? Might be worth while giving the pallet a lick of water proofing/fence paint, I think it may soak up a lot of moisture other wise.

Good luck,

Lefty

Nice one. :good: The job's a good un, as they say. The blackies won't see what's coming their way. What're you planning for all round vision? Might be worth while giving the pallet a lick of water proofing/fence paint, I think it may soak up a lot of moisture other wise.

Good luck,

Lefty

Cheers the last job will be to give it some paint have a tin of nato green left from when i had my old landy, and some fence paint on the pallet As far as vision when i have finished strenghening it will be putting in some openings on all sides with some cloth to stop the light showing through. And jimlsd i thought would put in an old Aga for heat and tea :good: