Oh how I love planes...

Hunter

Theres nothing like that smell of burnt Kerosene aviation fuel, that sound of the turbine spooling up on start up.. the sleak, areodynamic, perfectly designed aircraft sitting there on the runway pre flight.. clear signal given, chocks away, and shes off... freedom.

A tribute to those of us who feel jelousy and envy everytime a plane passes overhead.

I took these photos *rather near* of the jets on Sunday. I happened to have access to the restricted zone, mear meters from the edge of the runway, with jets ovehead no more then 40 meters high :blink:

If only I had the maths and skills to make it up there..

Taken with my Nikon camera.

Enjoy, it almost hurts with jelousy looking at these photos :yp: :blink: :yes:

DSCN1831.jpg

DSCN1786.jpg

The Red Arrows on take off. Everything so perfect, from take off, to landing, the skill of the pilots is out of this world.. :lol:

DSCN1834.jpg

Here they came so close I could smell jet fuel and burnt tracer oil

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1837.jpg

DSCN1836.jpg

DSCN1835.jpg

DSCN1863.jpg

Real close fly by, I could see the pilot and detailed aircraft. Sorry about pic quality! its only a little Coolpix camera, maybe oneday I will be able to afford something decent.

DSCN1865.jpg

DSCN1855.jpg

And to finish it..

DSCN1869.jpg

Owwww.. maybe in another life :lol:

You would hate living near me then, we have Spitfires, hurricanes, havards, mustangs and tiger moths flying sometimes less than a hundred feet or so high over us most weekends. :blink:

I expect they wander over Cranfields way sometimes as well.

:lol: D2D

I also like the humble Spitfire :blink:

Its just everything about the jets.. amazing machines :blink:

So tempting to just give in, quit trying to find work, and join the RAF. But im not their kind of matiriel.. and my maths are poor :lol:

I do have some spitfire photos, may get them up if I still have enough photobucket room.

The Red Arrows on take off. Everything so perfect, from take off, to landing, the skill of the pilots is out of this world.. :lol:

I was lucky to have the same experience of being so close to the red arrows in action when i was on holiday in devon. We were out on a boat in plymouth harbour when they appeard and done a whole display right above our head in the plymouth air show!!

I couldnt agree more!!

Nice picks :blink:

I was impressed by the take offs.. its only when they were banking 360 degrees in perfect, steady formation that I realised just how good these chaps are at flying.. they are a part of the aircraft, and all the aircraft seem to think and work together.. amazing...

Anyway back to reality, looks like I can get a couple more pics up still

I also like the humble Spitfire :yes:

Its just everything about the jets.. amazing machines :lol:

So tempting to just give in, quit trying to find work, and join the RAF. But im not their kind of matiriel.. and my maths are poor :blink:

I do have some spitfire photos, may get them up if I still have enough photobucket room.

Humble Spitfire...... Dont think so, you must be confusing the Spitfire with another, theres nothing humble about that plane. :lol:

:blink: D2D

I also like the humble Spitfire :lol:

Its just everything about the jets.. amazing machines :yp:

So tempting to just give in, quit trying to find work, and join the RAF. But im not their kind of matiriel.. and my maths are poor :yes:

Humble Spitfire...... Dont think so, you must be confusing the Spitfire with another, theres nothing humble about that plane. :lol:

:blink: D2D

As feirce and impressive as the spitfire was (and is) there is always something peacefull about it too.. like it will live forever :yp:

Who knows where we would be without it. :blink:

A lovely fly by

Much more peaceful then the jets.

DSCN1798.jpg

Landing

DSCN1918.jpg

Hawke take off

DSCN1894.jpg

These two made one H*** of a noise.. with afterburners on, it at 40-50 meters above us, if feels/sounds like the air is being torn... its hard to describe.. my ears were ringing for hours after, but it didnt stop the grin on my face :lol:

Sorry now close photos of these jets as I was to busy holding on when they came over lower :blink: :blink:

A touch scary at times when you se the healights of the jet almost level with you, the wack, its passed and off up into the sky to perform a roll, loop, or second low pass with the afterburners on

DSCN1903.jpg

You would hate living near me then, we have Spitfires, hurricanes, havards, mustangs and tiger moths flying sometimes less than a hundred feet or so high over us most weekends. :oops:

I expect they wander over Cranfields way sometimes as well.

:good: D2D

We have quite a few regular "shows" as well :lol:

When the Shoreham airshow is on they all fly over Burgess Hill to get there (probably from Kent area where I belive a lot of the historical planes are kept). They seem to have a holding pattern above my house which is really good.

the only bloody planes i see round here are hercules :lol: im on the constant flightpath haha. although a really nice sight about 2 weeks ago was a ww2 dakota flying about 50 metres above my house. it then proceeded to drop paratroopers over an airfield about 5 miles from my house. was a great site :good:

The best bit is as of july I will be looking out of the office window to see hawkes, harriers and whatever else miltary hardware BAE Systems will have outside on the runways and test sites at Farnborough :stupid: Unfortunately no photos as camera's not allowed on site. Hoping to grab some tickets to the Farnborough airshow next year too :stupid:

Dan

dads in the airforce and when he was based at brize norton he was in charge of the squadron of VC10s and tristars. so me and sister used to always get to look around them etc.

but the best part was going on there flight simulator. like the front of the VC10 but all the windscreens were computer monitors, and all the controls were linked into the computer. was well good. when i banked on the game, the whole cockpit rolled. managed to fly under hong kong bridge in it. on like the 8th attempt.

cheers

flash