Anchoring gunsafe in property with all dry lined walls

Thank for all of the advice chaps, this all seems a lot more hassle and effort than the usual drill 4 holes and bolt it to the wall. Having thought about it, it's too much for me to be bothered with and l don't have the skills or knowledge to do a lot of what has been suggested. Think will contact the dealer who is storing them at the moment and get him too sell them. Will be easier in the long run

My cabinet is screwed to the floor and into a wooden stud through the back with heavy gauge wood screws and washers. A thief would be quicker cutting a hole in the door with a grinder and thin discs than he would be pulling it off the wall. My house is built with an 8" kit and 2" cavity so 10 1/2" to get to the block work.

Thank for all of the advice chaps, this all seems a lot more hassle and effort than the usual drill 4 holes and bolt it to the wall. Having thought about it, it's too much for me to be bothered with and l don't have the skills or knowledge to do a lot of what has been suggested. Think will contact the dealer who is storing them at the moment and get him too sell them. Will be easier in the long run

If you use rigifix that exactly all there is to it drill 4 hole s and fit.......

Double up if concerned that M8 won't be up the job........

http://buyrigifixonline.co.uk/shop/rigifix-drywall-fixings/ Designed for the task!

Edited by HDAV

If you use rigifix that exactly all there is to it drill 4 hole s and fit.......

Double up if concerned that M8 won't be up the job........

http://buyrigifixonline.co.uk/shop/rigifix-drywall-fixings/ Designed for the task!

Do they do an M10 version? Some forces interpret HO guidelines as needing M10. The guidelines refer to 10mm fixings. It doesn't say whether that's the shaft or the head though.

11. Provision of at least 4 fixing holes to take not less than 10mm diameter fastening devices. The holes to be spaced to provide maximum binding of cabinet to structure.
Edited by BrowningB525

Do they do an M10 version? Some forces interpret HO guidelines as needing M10. The guidelines refer to 10mm fixings. It doesn't say whether that's the shaft or the head though.

No only M8 double up and use proper washers I don't think M10 is in the HO guidance so print that section out and have it handy 8 M8 is stronger than 4 M10.....