Kangoo injectors

winnie&bezza

Wouldn't have thought all the injectors have gone at the same time I've replaced the odd one but I'm sure they suffer from fuel pump failure when loads of tiny bits of metal from the pump take all the injectors out, watch out for sparkly diesel in the system.

Even when I've replaced one when the pump was ok it misfired for a while before it ran ok.

If the compressions are fine on all cylinders and around the same connect sum leak off bottles to each leak off connector on each injector and crank engine and monitor how much fuel each injector is leaking off the amount they pass is around the same as is injected into each cylinder if one injector is realy over spilling this will knock the fuel rail pressure right down

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got van fixed yesterday as I've had to wait a bit.

The old mechanic is use came up to look at it a couple of weeks back and he plugged in his reader which isn't one of the top ones. He couldn't read it so he said he'll get in touch with a bigger garage he knows to sort it out. Before he rung them he said let's give it a tow to see if it starts up if it did then it's likely to be glow plugs. It didn't start.

The garage he recommended came up with a bigger reader but it couldn't pick up vehicle which was typical. They said they will come back this Monday and pick it up on their recovery. They didn't pick it up until yesterday but that's another story. Rung me at 3ish saying is all done. Great. I said what was the problem and he said they plugged it in again and the code was injector wires so they cleaned them but it still didn't work. They read it again and it said that the inertia switch was activated so they turned it off and it started. He said that maybe someone slammed the bonnet hard which activated it. I hadn't opened the bonnet on it until after it didn't start and that was to replace battery. Maybe it was the injector wires which was the initial problem and when I changed the battery and it still didn't start, it kicked the inertia switch on when I shut the bonnet. I might of slammed it harder then usual in frustration. Grand total of £120! So chuffed about that. Cheers for help.

Edited by winnie&bezza