More Permission

ShaggyRS6

So, I was testing out my new X3 today down the orchard. It was difficult as the farmer was in Spraying. I waved him over after he had done half to ask if he was ok with me shooting on the half he had just completed.

We then got talking about guns, then eventually onto the subject of land ownership. Long story short. he gave me the mobile number of the Farm manager of the land owner he works for.

I phoned up, not expecting much really. After 60 mins on the phone talking about banking and all sorts I come away with (and this needs to be comfirmed) 5 -6 Farms to shoot on in my local area. the permission is for Air Rifle, FAC and Shotgun. Most of the land had been cleared by the police already, its just that know one shoots on it anymore.

One farm in particular is crying out for Rabbit control, He rekons on 75 acres he has 3000 rabbits.

So I need to get all my paper work together and get it posted off. Once permission is given he will personally take me to each farm to show me what's what.

Now all I need is for someone to nick my car, cos I have never been this lucky ion my life :lol:

Great news on the new permission, your going from strength to strength! I am shooting thursday and will "mention" FAC/SGC and whatever else. Would be good, although tbh the FAC is not a priority as the land I shoot on is dead flat and not really rifle land, more for decoying with a shotgun. Should I actually find time to play golf, mention the rabbit problem to the course manager where I play as that is unshot and would be cracking for a FAC air rifle or even .22lr, no hmr though as noise is an issue with the hotel and challets in the grounds.

Sorry about all the pictures. I get so enthusiastic and being into cameras I take a picture of everything, thats why I host them on my web server. Do think I should cut down?

As others have said its good to see your enthusiasm, next time you have a successful day leg the bunnies and hang them on a 2ft by 1" length of hazel, post the PHOTO :lol: , would look very professional.

The length of the stick depends on how good a hunt you had :lol::/

:lol: D2D

Funny place Kent Cupraman,my latest shoot was unshot for two years,before that an old boy used to turn up once a week with a.22,shoot 2 or 3 bunnies and go!.

Whereabouts in Kent are you and naddan28,perhaps we should have a Kent boys get together/shoot?

Funny place Kent Cupraman,my latest shoot was unshot for two years,before that an old boy used to turn up once a week with a.22,shoot 2 or 3 bunnies and go!.

Whereabouts in Kent are you and naddan28,perhaps we should have a Kent boys get together/shoot?

Cupra is in Rainham and I am in Ramsgate. LB is also local to me as is bradders and elliot brown. Cranfield is somewhere near me kent wise too.

Dan i'm in Margate near Dane Park,seem to have aquired quite a bit of shooting lately,theres plenty out there and get one and it leads to more,my mate rang over the weekend to say he's buying a farmhouse and 60 acres at Preston near canterbury :good:

So the offer stands - any responsible insured shooters drop me a PM

Mark

Elliot - do you shoot at Dover and Deal air gun club??

hmmm well Elliot does, but I am Dan and know I don't shoot at the D&D club, moving away at the end of the month so didn't see the point.

Dan

thanks :good: dan mate Yeh i shoot at deal dover air gun club havent been for a while now not had time will get round to it soon hopefully.

drop me a pm the day or so before you go and i'll meet you up there give me an excuse to go then :sick:

Dan i'm in Margate near Dane Park,seem to have aquired quite a bit of shooting lately,theres plenty out there and get one and it leads to more,my mate rang over the weekend to say he's buying a farmhouse and 60 acres at Preston near canterbury :good:

So the offer stands - any responsible insured shooters drop me a PM

Mark

In preston.....where abouts if you don't mind me asking as all my shooting is in preston! Good luck with it all and once I get myself sorted with a shotgun and a new air rifle/FAC rifles then will drop you a PM. Good offer, although just a word, that Dazza guy who is new on here has had altcations with Gibby (see general banter) so be wary with him should he contact you.

Dan

THis is refreashing. I had a call this evening from the chap who wants me to clear rabbits of off the 5 farms. I have sent all the paper work off included the FAC permission form but have not seen anything back.

the chap was wondering where I was as he had been in one Orchard (2 mins walk from my house) and was disgusted at the amount of rabbits.

When i told him that I had not received permission back he appologised and got straight on the phone to the person responsible for sorting the paperwork out.

I thouht that was good.

Same here sent in maps and permissions for two more farms two weeks ago - nothing yet,called Maidstone yesterday and "its in the administrators tray"

Not really a lot of use when Mr Farmer says "when are you coming over" :D

So its BSA Superten and shotties for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Its just luck Cyber. Nothing more than that. Although I have a tip for you and other on here, that I thought of the other day.

1. Download Google Earth

2. Get zoomed in on your local areas

3. Find large areas of land

4. Spot the farm house on google earth

5. Go Knock without your gun or camos