There and back again!

Zetter

When I took up shooting again back in 2011 after a few false starts I acquired an AA410 carbine which apart form a it of a small shot count was a great gun. But like a **** I was lured by bigger shot count to the likes of HW100 and daystates so a fair few guns changed hands over the years.

My FAC followed so still loving air I had a few of those to complement my rimfires and centrefires but the same as their higher powered colleges they are really restricted on where you can use them and due to changes in quarry types and locations on my permissions I found myself reaching for the Rimfires and Centrefires more and more with the FAC airs becoming cabinet queens.

So as I have rejoined my local airgun club where I started off again ( I kept in contact with a few of the lads there and did nip in occasionally) I had the hankering for a sub 12 ft/lb airgun again.

After a couple of falses starts I acquired a lovely walnut stocked S410 which has a Rob Lane regulator fitted but Rob himself (so no shotcount issues now) from a chap who is moving more into practical shotgun.

Took it to my private little 25 yard range this week with the crono to confirm the power and zero it in. She is running sweet as a nut with AA pellets at 11.5 ftlb and of the bench at 25yards I put in two one hole groups with 5 shots in succession which I havent done many times.

Well happy

post-64664-0-12237600-1494489138_thumb.jpg

post-64664-0-54852300-1494489150_thumb.jpg

Looks nice, I imagine its nice and relaxing shooting with an air rifle compared with fac, from what I've been reading on other threads I think people spend more time worrying about backstops and being unable to shoot.

And nice bedding 😆

Backstop is always a consideration even with air especially as if it leaves your permitted boundary its a criminal offence. But you definitely have more to worry about with powder burners even the humble LR can rock on for 1.5 miles if fired at the right angle.

Hi zetter

i have the exact same gun for i think 14 years now, never had it serviced since i bought it new, has never lost zero or air. shot groups within a five pence piece of rest at 30 yards, is a 177. flat and fast and is my go to vermin gun for horse paddocks. Sounds like a cracker, gun for life that!

atb

7diaw