Camonetting (how compact,dense,close should they be?)

I got myself a new camonetting, and im not sure how compact,dence,close the masks on the net should be.

Here are a few exsamplels

stealth_2ply.jpg

Camonett 1

wod-green-cemoreal.gif

Camonett 2

On camonett 1 it seems that the masks on the nett is quite close togehter and it looks like a fairly good nett.

I got this nett , and you can clearly see a man inside the nett.

So the picture here is lieing.

As for Camonett 2, its the same deal.

does it really matter?

do the netts work even of you can see that its a person inside at a distance?

You should be able to see through the cammo net, so it can't be too dense.

The net is only there to break up your shape, if your outline is still visible from 30 yards away, perhaps you should look at the background of the net (are you being silhouetted.)

Lack of movement, when birds are coming in, is more important than being totally invisible.

Make sure your face and hands are covered and you should be OK.

Ok, thanks for the replys!

But one thing is for sure...

I would never ever ever ever wear a face mask when hunting pigeons!

I have never used camopaint, or face mask.

Maybe ill gice some camopaint a go, but the face mask.... nahh.

Same goes for gloves :lol:

:good:

Same goes for gloves :oops:

:good:

So that`s NOT you in Camp Net 1 then with a face mask on :lol:

I always wear a face mask and gloves, it dose help or i find it dose any how.

I don't wear the balacalva material type face masks, I have a fine net mask which is loose on my face, but with eye holes (plastic wire surrounding them) and a plastic clip that fits on the nose (like glasses).

This is very cool to wear and I wouldn't shoot without it.

Why not test it, stand a friend in your hide and see what he looks like from 100 yards, his face will stick out like a white light, thats what the pigeon sees.

I have the first netting, the stealth netting its good stuff! Used it yesterday for the first time. Climbed into the poult pen made a platform of bales and then covered myself in the netting while lying prone with my air rifle. A crow fly straight at me and literally got within 5-10yds before vearing up over my head! Now if crows will do that, then pigeons no probs! P.s. I was wearing a camo face mask and camo 95 dpm trousers and 95 (non dpm) jacket.

Dan

why keep buying make-up and using it all up, spending 10 min's putting it on, when you can shot a net over your head and bobs your mothers brother. You have it for life.

if you use 10 minutes just to smack some camopaint in you face, then your probably have parkinsons or somthing (not saying you have it) :blink:

why keep buying make-up and using it all up, spending 10 min's putting it on, when you can shot a net over your head and bobs your mothers brother. You have it for life.

if you use 10 minutes just to smack some camopaint in you face, then your probably have parkinsons or somthing (not saying you have it) :blink:

even the wife can put her makeup on quicker than that

Same goes for gloves :good:

:blink:

Kikkan with a respect that's the dumbest thing. If you wear a head net to cover your face (even allowing for the fact that you might be pretty :blush: ) and keep your hands covered or at least hidden you can stand outside the hide and pigeons will still drop in. Try doing that with your face exposed! I would say that the head cover is about the most important piece of kit you could use when pigeon shooting. I've had many instances when I've been out in the open with ahead cover and still shot pigeons as they simply don't see you or at least equate you as a threat BUT without the head net it's a totally different story.

Try this...put someone in your hide without a face cover and go say 1 mile away and look for them through your binos, they'll stand out like a sore thumb (english expression) BUt when they cover up you'll have a devils own job seeing them. QED.

Same goes for gloves :lol:

:blink:

Kikkan with a respect that's the dumbest thing. If you wear a head net to cover your face (even allowing for the fact that you might be pretty :good: ) and keep your hands covered or at least hidden you can stand outside the hide and pigeons will still drop in. Try doing that with your face exposed! I would say that the head cover is about the most important piece of kit you could use when pigeon shooting. I've had many instances when I've been out in the open with ahead cover and still shot pigeons as they simply don't see you or at least equate you as a threat BUT without the head net it's a totally different story.

Try this...put someone in your hide without a face cover and go say 1 mile away and look for them through your binos, they'll stand out like a sore thumb (english expression) BUt when they cover up you'll have a devils own job seeing them. QED.

Well, i disagree really... Time after time when i was outside the hide and picked up dead pigeos last year, i had pigeons landnig 20-25 meters away from me... i had no face mask and a white T-shirt. (just talking from experience)

My thought arround this is almost like fishing... some times they "bite" and some times they don't.

But to be honnest, i belive some camopaint can be some help if you are having a "tricky day"

But all in all i would say that the face camo will be a pluss, but not a dead must!

You are right about you can see the face of a man/woman in the hide from a GOOD distance, but if you look down when the pigeons are comming in, you will be alright 95% of the time..

At least thats what i have experienced.

But ill give the camopaint some try's this year :blush:

I think there are shops that cater for your burning desire to wear make-up.

try the so-ho area in london,they will probably have a name like HE TO SHE or TRANSFORMERS.

Good luck and happy shooting :blink:

well, better than the feeling of warm damp moist over your mouth.....

:blush: