Gastritis anyone had it?

paul1966

Last Sunday night i woke in the night with stomach pains, these continued non stop until i went docs on Tuesday, doc diagnosed inflamed stomach and prescribed lansoprazole and said it should improve after a few days. It did seem to improve a bit but last night i woke at 3am in pain and that has continued until now, I think i will go back docs tomorrow but want to know how long the recovery time usually is, i can put up with the pain during the day but its the interrupted sleep that i can't cope with especially as i work permanent early shifts and start work at 6am every day. Never had anything like this before and it literally started overnight.

If it was an ulcer that is bleeding, your poo would be black and like tar. If your bowel habit has not changed, then Gastroenteritis or even Irritable Bowel/Wind, could be the cause. In any event, back to your GP is best advice.

Do not worry if Endoscopy is next step; a visit to dentist is much worse!

All the best

Every human being has had gastritis, it's a global term.

And yes, night waking, constant pain after treatment needs a bit more investigation.

Avoid NSAIDS like ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen like the plague. If you need pain relief paracetamol is safer.

i used to be crippled with stomach pain which then felt like it was in your chest an back,doc said ulcers gave me lanzoprasole been right as rain since.still on it years later.

Edited by hawkfanz