I need to laugh or I will cry!

Lord Geordie

Having saved for what seemed like an age to buy a new car, I finally got a nice Laguna. Just done the rear bushes and got it back on the road today. Took it off dads drive only to catch the exhaust hanger and tear it off :no: then a speed hump on my street (creeping over incase I caught the hangers again) came off the other side to a very loud twang. Now the front spring has snapped and cracked dislodged from the spring cup :no: so now I need to strip the front end and rebuild the whole lot! Bloody gutted! Just spent what I had doing the rear, extra insurance and increase in road tax. I am not giving in though. I am stuffed for work now as I can't use the car as it is. So will have to walk to work and back until I can sell my laptop and get the parts :lol:

Life is just full of wonderful days ha ha. Oh well, at least I have my health I suppose :yes:

Edited by Lord Geordie

a certain PITA but as you say, you've got your health and in the scale of things in life its a small

Glitch. I've been doing a kitchen refit and the lady of the house has advanced breast cancer which really puts little problems in my life (like my van breaking down only after less than a month of buying it) into perspective especially with the positive attitude she has. Onwards and upwards. Good luck.

a certain PITA but as you say, you've got your health and in the scale of things in life its a small

Glitch. I've been doing a kitchen refit and the lady of the house has advanced breast cancer which really puts little problems in my life (like my van breaking down only after less than a month of buying it) into perspective especially with the positive attitude she has. Onwards and upwards. Good luck.

Yeah i can see how that would suck! My folks are not doing well at the mo either! I once dated a lady from Durham for about 5 years. In that time had to go through Chemotherapy three times. Your a stronger man than me! After the third I did the most cowardly thing I have ever done in my life and ran. We are still friends. But I still feel like a ****. I know the car is small in the grand scheme of things, but just one of those gobsmack moments after just completing other work only for something else to go wrong :lol: as I say I did laugh though.

Yeah i can see how that would suck! My folks are not doing well at the mo either! I once dated a lady from Durham for about 5 years. In that time had to go through Chemotherapy three times. Your a stronger man than me! After the third I did the most cowardly thing I have ever done in my life and ran. We are still friends. But I still feel like a ****. I know the car is small in the grand scheme of things, but just one of those gobsmack moments after just completing other work only for something else to go wrong :lol: as I say I did laugh though.

I didn't mean my mrs! I meant the lady of the house I'm working at! Good your still friends though and she's well!

Totally understand about car though. Frustrating. Got to laugh mate.

Well thanks to Peter! "Hodge911" who got me the parts I needed to fix the car with a good discount! Got the O/S front spring changed today! But need to get a drop link before tackling the N/S as it needs cutting out. But it's up and running, though I think I will take the bike to work until I get the other spring swapped out too.

Thanks again Peter.