Shooting/fishing on the isle of skye

Wifey looking to spend some time here. Don't ask why but if I'm dragged along can I bring my guns and what fishing could I enjoy? I'm not into 'up-market' stuff but the occasional big bird day or a bit of salmon fishing might be in my budget. I'm happiest shooting rabbits or pigeons or putting a half pound trout in the frying pan. Any wildfowling?

Couple of friends of mine are away in a couple of weeks for a few days with the fishing kayaks apparently some good fishing to be had around it, it was also mentioned that the fishing off the rocks is good. Do not know about any of the rivers or inland fishing.

Spear gunning sounds good!

Loch Leathan for wild browns, plenty of small fish around 8oz with the occasional bigger one. Lealt river for better quality browns, below Lealt Falls for salmon. Loch Mealt for arctic char.Daily permits from Jansport in Portree £10 per day (crazy cheap for the fishing available).

Conon River good for browns with reasonable chance of sea trout and salmon depending on river conditions. Permit £12/day from Uig petrol station.

Better chance of salmon and sea trout on Snizort River but price reflects this at £35/day.

Edited by FatFreddysCat