Dead trout

walshie

I noticed a right stink coming from the pond earlier and found this beauty on the bank. In between yakking I checked both sides and there's no teeth marks or beak marks on it, so I would assume natural causes except it wasn't in the water.

There's quite a bit of activity in there at the moment, but would a fish be dumb enough to jump out after a fly or whatever and beach itself 6" from the water?

post-50882-0-23291300-1499263751_thumb.jpg

hello, have you checked the water temp ? do not know how deep you lake is? this hot weather has killed 1000s of trout at many fisheries across the south, ours £2,500 worth

It's 16ft deep so should be ok. I just don't get how it got out of the water.

As an ex trout farmer I saw this very often and always the bigger fish from 2lb upwards to 20. This heat we have had takes oxygen out of the eater and without pumps and what not in a lake with no eater coming in you could loose the entire lot. On one lake I had 3 pumps that ran constantly when it was hot, it was around 13ft at the deepest point. If defiantly go for lack of oxygen as it looks like the gills are open, usually a sign of suffocation