Any plumbers on here please? Help with shower cubicle needed.

Eyefor

As above please.

We've got a 1.4m x 0.8m, corner entry, walk in shower cubicle where the two doors are radiused on one corner and individually open left and right.

No problem for the past 8 years (or so) but we are now getting leaks though one door that are irregular - even if the doors are closed in the same way as always done.

The doors run on small (nylon?) wheels top and bottom and I'm wondering if these wear out? Also there is a fixed seal (again, nylon looking) channel section running to bottom on left and right side of the cubicle entry that both doors both butt up to. Do these seals wear out please because there is a small gap between the closed door and these seals?

If it were a consistent problem I suppose it might be easier to find the issue but one day water , next day now't!

I don't know if this is relevant but we're in a hard water area.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Eyefor

Type shower door rollers into goggle and have a look. I can't remember who I use but there's a good website where they give you all the dimensions on each roller. There's different sized wheels, twin or single rollers, spring loaded ones, fixed ones, different sized thickness of roller and glass and hole in the glass etc etc. It can take a while to find the correct ones.

Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful.

On re-checking the cubicle, I think some roller adjustment (and maybe a new seal) could resolve the issue because the door is moving away from the seal when it closes - so the wheels are either worn or they need adjusting.

However, the logical way (as I see it) to remove the doors to get at the wheels, is to remove a stop-ends on both top & bottom track and slide the doors out of the channel - but, in addition to being screwed in, the stop-ends (grey, PVC looking) appear to have been fixed in place with solvent cement.

Another wet floor this morning.

There's normally some covers over the screws on the wheels/roller bracket thing. Unscrew the bottom wheels and the glass should lift upwards out of its groove with the top wheels still attatched to the glass.

Thanks for the reply but the wheels on both the top and bottom of the doors are in channels which have end caps. No obvious access to the wheels.

The channels are screwed to the frame and the end caps appear to have been solvent cemented in place.

Still trying to work out how to get the doors off or get access to the wheels.

Do the brackets that hold the wheels not adjust? They should to allow lining up of the doors, try adjusting them. Also who is that uses the shower and it leaks out, I've found my wife gets water every where as she showers. Where as I hardly have any spray round the cubicle. It could be as simple as one door should be closed before the others so the seal seals the right way to the inside.

Ok,dont touch the rails/end stops these will break and do not require any kind of service or removal.

Only look at the rollers,all the adjustment is done from these,the principal is that the screen is hung into top rail via the top rollers that just sit in the groove/rail.

The bottom rollers are on a spring system,where by you press down on the complete roller untill it is able to slot into the rail/groove.

Now the door is hung,go back to the top rollers and remove cap if the adjuster screw is not visable,adjust until doors close parallel,you will have to do both doors.

The only other thing it could be is the seals,which maybe compressed and out of true or not pressed firmly onto fixed screen,either press hard to refix or replace if out of shape.

I hope that makes sense and has helped.

Ps.

It could also be the silicone seal has had it or you have hair line crack in the grouting,you will need to look very closely for cracks,have replaced many showers because no one noticed until it was to late :unhappy: