nissan x trail underbody protection

Moley1508

hi all,

I bought an 08 Adventura recently.

quite like it and appreciate it is not in the sam league as my old disco or 90 off road, but its surprisingly good.

I clipped the rear end on a reasonable incline causing some minor damage and whilst under it fixing said issue I found myself a bit worried at the vulnerable undercarriage.

has anyone added any skid plates frot and rear, any recommendations for a uk supplier?

(please don't say I should have got a jimmy lol, I might still!)

thank you in advance , much appreciated

good point davao, I have looked but most are foreign based. il keep looking.thanks

There is a few UK forums for the Xtrail but not a lot of questions re 'off road modifications'.You might be able to find someone to knock up things like sump/diff/fuel tank skid plates out of stainless checker plate.

Edited by Davyo

hi all,

I bought an 08 Adventura recently.

quite like it and appreciate it is not in the sam league as my old disco or 90 off road, but its surprisingly good.

I clipped the rear end on a reasonable incline causing some minor damage and whilst under it fixing said issue I found myself a bit worried at the vulnerable undercarriage.

has anyone added any skid plates frot and rear, any recommendations for a uk supplier?

(please don't say I should have got a jimmy lol, I might still!)

thank you in advance , much appreciated

When I had my 2003 X-Trail I loved it but wanted to lift it a little 2" and put some skid plates on it the only place that I found that sells this stuff in in Australia but it would cost more to have it posted over here than the parts cost and they was not cheap I got so fed up with it I sold the car in the end good luck with it.