Don't be shy tell us all about it

Car maintenance feeding

Where did it come from

Can I have one

Do they make good pets

That's got to be the coolest spider I've seen

All the best

Of

She was a spiderling, bred by one the animal care technicians.

Yes you can have one, although other species are better for first time owners of large spiders. They are fascinating pets, fairly easy to care for, 25 degress C, glass vivarium and feed once or twice a week with large crickets, cockroaches and the occasional mouse (dead of course).

There are urticating spiders, so they will flick irritating hairs rather than biting, which is a good thing as their fangs can be up to an inch long, and tend to cause more mechanical injury rather than a venomous injury.

However, this spider, which is a P.Metallica or a Sapphire Tree Spider is stunning, they are arboreal and hunt flying insects, which makes them awesome to watch. However, being an old world spider, they are highly aggressive and have an incredibly painful venomous bite, and have no reservations in biting, so this one isn't handled at all.

post-19934-0-78817100-1506935791_thumb.jpg

She was a spiderling, bred by one the animal care technicians.

Yes you can have one, although other species are better for first time owners of large spiders. They are fascinating pets, fairly easy to care for, 25 degress C, glass vivarium and feed once or twice a week with large crickets, cockroaches and the occasional mouse (dead of course).

There are urticating spiders, so they will flick irritating hairs rather than biting, which is a good thing as their fangs can be up to an inch long, and tend to cause more mechanical injury rather than a venomous injury.

However, this spider, which is a P.Metallica or a Sapphire Tree Spider is stunning, they are arboreal and hunt flying insects, which makes them awesome to watch. However, being an old world spider, they are highly aggressive and have an incredibly painful venomous bite, and have no reservations in biting, so this one isn't handled at all.

rsz_gooty.jpg

Thanks for your reply

The information is most enlightening

And very wonderful creatures

Approximately how long do they live

Many thanks

Of

Went a walking yesterday and so many spiders about the dog looked like he had silly string on him, I had to change direction a few times as I didn't want to mess up the huge webs.

And that purple beastie looks amazing, I can just imagine the sister in-law screaming!!

Edited by Mice!