Seat altea window problem

washerboy

VWs seats skodas can play up like this, if it drops down just about half way then stops going down , its more than likely the safety mechanism sticky rubbers or misshapen rubbers  smokers leaving windows slightly ajar and making the seals sticky with nicotine can cause this.

Silicone  spray can help but try thoroughly cleaning the seals looking for any misshapen areas that could cause it to bind, good permanent solution is to order a tin of red rubber grease off ebay, about £2, this softens cleans and lubricates the seals and and minor cracks or hard areas are put right with this.

Make sure you clean the rubbers thoroughly before using it .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASTROL-RED-RUBBER-GREASE-18-gram-BRAKE-CYLINDERS-SEALS-O-RINGS-mini-tin/172481763013?epid=1856194140&hash=item2828b6d6c5:g:JQkAAOSwKtlWq9-q

Had a golf that did the same thing, our Altea doesn't do it though.

On the golf I found that if I pressed button to make window auto close it use to stop and go back down as your describing, solution I found was to keep dabbing up botton lightly until window closes.

Mate I sold it to squirted WD40 down the side of the window rubber channels and cured it apparently.

Personally I would use the dabbing method, not sure I wouldnt want WD40 all over the window..... 

Hth 

14 minutes ago, washerboy said:

No it goes completely down and I can get it up slowly but by bit but once it reaches the limit it comes straight down to its lowest setting 

If it is the safety feature it drops about half way, you will have to investigate further switch regulators connections, does not sound as if its down to the seals.  By the sounds of it you have a strip down job to sort this out, good luck anyway. .

1 hour ago, washerboy said:

Thanks for all the advice

picked my lad up from the pub and first thing he did was lower the window...

yep ..it went straight back up and stayed up when I yelled at him ??????

Perhaps it just needs shouting at ? Ive got a transit tipper with a wiring issue.... when someone else is using it the tipping gear works without fault (or so they say), soon as I get behind the wheel the ******* plays up, often resulting in me and labourer shoveling off a fair bit of gear. Sometimes - at least half of the time it works second time of shouting at it.