Wanted - 4 Radios

karlbird

try the  Baofeng/ Misuto UV-82 dual band radios £23 to £26 each but cheaper the more you order on Fleabay around £87 for 4

I've used these for the last 5 year and have bought more for mates even the gamekeeper amd the owner of the estate  where i beat

Dual band so you can speak to one on one channel without the others listening in on another

Mine were out performing all others on the 6000 acre estate which is all hills and hollows

Edited by sabel25

1 hour ago, 222mark said:

You need kenwood protalks 3301. Expensive but money well spent. 7km range.

When i first got mine the new keeper on another estate gave us the channel to use and we were picking up forestry workers some 10 mile up the valley in the middle of the drives so nowt wrong with the Baofeng/ Misuto radios

The estate where i go now is miles across hills and valleys and work fine at a quarter of the cost

Karlbird is in Lincs where the biggest hill there is produced by moles haha... All depends on what budget he wants to go to

Edited by sabel25

Thanks guys. I might be swayed with the licensed ones, the Motorola ones look good, but are bulky and expensive. I’ll look at the ones recommended but I don’t want to be in the same boat in future - some of the land I Shoot/stalk is a long way from where your oppo might be (and with no phone signal, so radios are useful)

I rekon you want to be looking at the liecenced radios , your get a proper 5watts and you can clone them to , it’s no hassle to get the liecence to use them , just go onto the Ofcom website and follow lincs 

All Handheld radios work on LOS (line of sight) this includes UHF and VHF,you would be very lucky this time of the year to get 10 mile range on any handheld,you also have to take into account the curvature of the earth as this will affect range.

In the summer time with a high pressure system the signals can bounce and greatly increase the range of any handheld but you do need the high pressure.