Shoot two get one free!

Wilksy II

Hello pigeon watch! Thought I’d share my day on the rape today, I’ve neglected my decoying and this forum come to that for a while,  so I  thought it was about time I got my finger out! A text mid week off the farmer prompted it, and things just came right for today, a good easterly wind meant I was in a good spot with the wind on my back, a magnet up wind, a flapper two bouncers down wind and twenty sillosock covered shells out front, and a rope banger on my other rape field half a mile away, set up for 9:30 and we were off! 

No time for a brew and a text to the farmer the pigeons were coming in and after a frantic ten minutes three pigeons on the deck but it should have been more, i settled down and got into a rhythm, the birds calmed down as well but still came steady in groups of five to twenty,this is where the title comes in, a decent group came in and decoyed lovely, picked my bird and two fell! Quickly found a second target and low and behold I shot my first triple (i don’t own an auto) anyway, during the course of the morning it happened again only I fluffed my second shot but it still greatly help my ratio.

things noticeably tail off after 1pm and and by 2:30pm it was clear they had had enough as only added two to the bag. I drove round to the second rape field to retrieve my now burnt out banger pole to find a strong 100 birds lift, that field has suffered as badly as the one in the picture, both were planted early and really got away, but have been hammered unmolested for too long, to sum up I’ve really enjoyed today and a happy (ish) farmer! 

Edit; finished up with 28 picked 3 lost 

D99ABBE3-7425-4331-B0C8-0041979630DB.jpeg

Edited by Wilksy II