Very Graphic - I Popped My Cherry

ShaggyRS6

hey mate, knife looks like a good little tool, however i prefer to use a hook blade for a stanley. approx £3 for 3.

You can also buy a knife that is purpose made to hold one. (Im on 3G Modem so cant be bothered getting a link...lol)

Ive been getting a few doe's this time of year, and you may find there carrying its young......

Anyway its about time you got some in the oven!

Next on the learning curve is skinning them. The only thing that concerns me is chopping the head off. Do I need a big cleaver for that bit?

If you pinch the fur on the back, and cut it through, grab the flap that has been cut through and pull it, and the same for the other part of the fur, it will skin the rabbit very easily. once you are passed the neck and front feet, twist and break the neck, then a simple slice with the knife will behead it.

Thanks Pin. Nice one.

I was actually ******* myself as I read this, cos as you were obviously working hard in Photoshop, I was too trying to figure out how to put a target on the bunnies heeeed. Cant work out how to make a Mildot jpeg tranparent :good:

post-3616-1183140272.jpg

That's a good looking sandy lop you have there, no need to shoot that one mate :lol:

I'm proud to keep rabbits as well as use them for a food source, keeps mine on his toes anyway :good:

im glad to see you got it all back in,

Couple or 12 of rabbit livers, fried for nothing more than 30 seconds a side with a shallot in olive oil on a high heat, well seasoned with pepper, out of the pan and deglaze with brandy, all that into the same processor and blend with a little breadcrumbs, double cream and a splash of port.

Cook in a Bain Marie :good: Tasted you won't be loosing the livers as readily :lol:

Your not Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall by any chance Pin? :good:

very good!! Im getting alot better at skinning/gutting them now. I normally leave them to gut and skin when I get home but lastnight when I was doing one, the guy that was helping skinned it 1st and then gutted it. Looked ALOT easier! I will try that tonight if the weather holds up as I will be properly trying out my new digital Night Vision!! hehe. CANT WAIT!! :good::good::lol: