Music

steve_b_wales

not sure how you do it ive never done it,but i have 100,s of cd,s in my pc,useing media player i usually open it to select a cd to play,then open another tab to use other websites while listening my choice of music,so i would load your choice of cd in into pc,am sure another member must have done it,so advice should be forthcoming,john.

12 minutes ago, CaptainBeaky said:

You might not be able to add the music from the CD directly - you may need to rip to a suitable format first (probably mp3).

You may still already have something built in to do this (I think Windows Media Player can do it). Otherwise CDex is pretty good (and free).

Thanks. I'll check it out later.

Steve it's dead easy, just ask your daughter to do it for you :lol::whistling:

However if you are getting music from the tinternet its straightforward using youtube. 

!. Go to the music section of YT and if you know what you want put the title in the search box. The song will pop up probably with a choice of artists.

2. Double tap the one you fancy, it will start playing. At some point some choices will appear, like, share etc. Select 'share' a dialogue box will open with a high lighted link. Hover over it, right click and copy.

3. You then open one of the many on line music/video converters (I use On Line Converter) choose the format, it will be MP3, then paste the link held in your clipboard into the box provided. Click GO /Run / Start whatever. Takes a few seconds to convert and it will be ready to download to your PC.

4. Click 'Download,' the MP3 music file will be sent to your 'Downloads' folder usually in the Users directory. There you have it.

Takes longer to type it up than to actually do it.

Members who put music and video links on PW probably use this method or one very like it.

Ages since I did a CD so need to have a go at copying/ripping  from a CD so will get back when I done it.

Cheers......Bri

4 hours ago, Sha Bu Le said:

Steve it's dead easy, just ask your daughter to do it for you :lol::whistling:

However if you are getting music from the tinternet its straightforward using youtube. 

!. Go to the music section of YT and if you know what you want put the title in the search box. The song will pop up probably with a choice of artists.

2. Double tap the one you fancy, it will start playing. At some point some choices will appear, like, share etc. Select 'share' a dialogue box will open with a high lighted link. Hover over it, right click and copy.

3. You then open one of the many on line music/video converters (I use On Line Converter) choose the format, it will be MP3, then paste the link held in your clipboard into the box provided. Click GO /Run / Start whatever. Takes a few seconds to convert and it will be ready to download to your PC.

4. Click 'Download,' the MP3 music file will be sent to your 'Downloads' folder usually in the Users directory. There you have it.

Takes longer to type it up than to actually do it.

Members who put music and video links on PW probably use this method or one very like it.

Ages since I did a CD so need to have a go at copying/ripping  from a CD so will get back when I done it.

Cheers......Bri

Excellent. Cheers mate.:good:( Daughter will be on standby!):)