One for the builders / roofers / glaziers

Mungler

So, we're having an extension built at work and we need 9 No. 800mm x 800mm windows / skylights to go into the flat roof of the extension. Each window will be above an 8' x 8' office pod / cubicle and due to the size of the flat roof (and already spec'd and purchased steel work), we can't go for anything massive or heavy like a central glass atrium. 

Also, the architects have specified 800mm x 800mm size wise, but we can go down to 600mm x 600mm to up to 900mm x 900mm depending on the most suitable product and price.

The obvious product is a Velux - they do a rather sexy electric opening flat window but that when priced with upstands and all the bits you need but which they exclude from the advertised headline price, runs in at over £2k plus VAT per window which is just bonkers.

So, we need a window that can fit into a flat roof, can take a blind (we don't want the place cooking up like a greenhouse) and can be opened manually - whilst the whole area will have AC, fresh air is important when working in an office pod / cubicle environment (and I think it's a building regulation requirement too).

As ever, I know that there will be someone in the know on here and who can give me a steer in the right direction.

Thanks all.

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

So, we're having an extension built at work and we need 9 No. 800mm x 800mm windows / skylights to go into the flat roof of the extension. Each window will be above an 8' x 8' office pod / cubicle and due to the size of the flat roof (and already spec'd and purchased steel work), we can't go for anything massive or heavy like a central glass atrium. 

Also, the architects have specified 800mm x 800mm size wise, but we can go down to 600mm x 600mm to up to 900mm x 900mm depending on the most suitable product and price.

The obvious product is a Velux - they do a rather sexy electric opening flat window but that when priced with upstands and all the bits you need but which they exclude from the advertised headline price, runs in at over £2k plus VAT per window which is just bonkers.

So, we need a window that can fit into a flat roof, can take a blind (we don't want the place cooking up like a greenhouse) and can be opened manually - whilst the whole area will have AC, fresh air is important when working in an office pod / cubicle environment (and I think it's a building regulation requirement too).

As ever, I know that there will be someone in the know on here and who can give me a steer in the right direction.

Thanks all.

Hey Mungler

My brother works in the window game, even if you just want to have a chat with him for advice or possibly buy through him, send me a text/pm and I'll ping you his mobile number

I'd be happy to ask him to look after you.....

Cos