What shotgun.

matto

Go for an AYA no.4!! :P - In my opinion they are the best guns you can buy!- small, hardy and good looking.

You can get a 2nd hand one for about £500.

I have a No. 4 12b, and I find it is great for every type of shooting, game, skeet etc

hope this helps, :D

tody

Matto

You dont say what the gun is intended for.. The .410 is quite limited in its use and I wouldnt consider it apart from occassional rabbit shooting at close range.

The 20 g is more flexible but why a side by side? There are some great new 20g O/U guns on the Market at around the 500 quid mark like the Lincoln Premier, or The Sabatti S.T.

If you must consider a S/S in 20 g you will be pretty limited and would probably be best considering a AYA No. 3 Or as Tody27 says a No. 4.

If you want a halfway house between 12g & 20g consider the 16g. Probably the most fexible of all the Gauges and a useful all round gun. I have a couple of Austrian 16g s/s and use them for most of my shooting including clays.

Lambert & Wiltshire in Ringwood have a selection of 16 & 20 g Aya 3 & 4 around the 500 quid mark or less.

You dont say where you are so check out www.guntrader.co.uk

If I had to spend 500 quid it would be The Lincoln Premier 20g F/C 30" O/U

FM.

Thanks all.

I have since changed my mind on the gauge and will be going for the 12 bore but i still want a side by side.

The gun will be used for pest control on the land i shoot on,i really have no interest in clay shooting as i have been feild target shooting with air rifles for a few years now and want a change if you know what i mean.

I have checked out the guntrader web site,it's great.

Looks like a AYA no 4 or Baikal .

Just waiting on the police now.

Thanks.